PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: post gilmore girls reaction (LONG)

megs4413
09-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Post show reaction:
SO...ok....dont' love the christopher thing...i just can't trust him, y'know? and i feel like she did it so that she wouldn't be able to go back cause she knew it woudl really hurt Luke...i dont like that it appears that Lor and Chris are going to start dating...i don't even like him....GRRRR

luke...poor clueless Luke, where was that commitment a few months ago, buddy? grow up!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone else think he looked particularly good this year??? yummy ;)

Rory, CUT THE BANGS. i freaking hate them. i loved the look on her face when he said "christmas". My heart felt like it got ripped out, too. I never really liked Huntzberger, but I really didn't like when she and Dean were hooking it up Clinton style...no good! I want better for her than Logan, but at this point I'm starting to wonder does she deserve my love anymore? Stealing a boat....diddling a married dude....dropping out of Yale....drinking her life away for like an entire season....and now this unhealthy obsession with a bad boy? Rory--girl power! i used to hope my dd would turn out like her...now i hope my DD learns 'what not to do-by Rory Gilmore'

Lorelai---NOOOOOOO! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! Luke is your guy, not Christopher! and geez get rid of those nasty extensions...her hair was pathetic this evening and the bags under her eyes (there was one "black eye" but the other one was pretty puffy as well) were not taken care of by her makeup gal...does anyone know if the CW has a lower budget? maybe they're doing their own hair and makeup now??? j/k

Is anyone else sick to death of Taylor Doose? I can't take it anymore...maybe it's my preggo hormones, but every time he came on the screen i wanted to ring his neck! i actually had to settle myself down after the first piece of dialogue with him. I hope they kill his character off next episode! i'm going to write the show and suggest it.

I can't remember who asked it but the deal with the CW....

the WB and UPN teamed up to create a new network. Both networks had experience moderate success but didn't have enough hit shows to sustain a competitive fall line up in primetime. Charmed was ending for the WB (and supposedly so were one tree hill and seventh heaven) and they needed other things to beef up their line up. the upn only had a few successful shows like veronica mars, girlfriends, and america's next top model. They decided to join forces and create a new network: the CW. the CW has more programming than the two networks had previously so it's more shows than it was before. It's definitely geared at a young audience and features lots of pretty people. I am looking forward to catching Veronica mars after GG cause i've heard good things about it and seventh heaven and one tree hill are my two guiltiest pleasures (though the hotness factor on OTH is just insane!). Overall, i think the move was good for both networks and will probably make the CW an actual player in the ratings game...we shall see!

Original message
I'm having a gilmore girls premiere party tonight and i'm unbelievably excited! I wish i could invite you all!

Is anyone else planning to catch it tonight? does anyone want to participate in a Luke or Christopher poll?

newnana
09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
we have too much in common!

Okay, DH won't let me watch it on "his tv." That's the only one we watch at night because of DD just falling asleep upstairs and this comes on right at that time.

So I watch the old episodes on ABC Family or whatever channel 50 in STL is. I don't know how many seasons old that is, so I'm behind on the Luke/Christopher thing, but I've always liked Luke better.

Have a blast tonight!!
Michelle

megs4413
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Michelle, I just love you! DH yells at me when I watch it when he's home or in his presence...the thinks they talk too fast!

I have caught up by watching on ABC family and by renting the seasons through netflix. and YOU i COULD invite! If you want to come over tonight you're welcome to!

the season currently airing on abc family is season 5 and they are almost to the end of it...they are starting with season 6 in october i think. the season premiering on the CW tonight is 7, so you're not actually that far behind and could be caught up pretty easily. I still have to watch the last 3 DVDs for season 6 so if you want to come over some time and do that...just let me know!

BaileyBea
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm a huge GG fan! I find it a challenge to watch and keep up with the dialogue. I am a huge Luke fan but COME ON!!!!!!!!! Luke get some B*lls! He needs to quit thinking that being a parent keeps you from having personal goals and other people in your life.

I personally am waiting to find out what happens w/Rory. Does the Huntsberger guy come back or not.

irene12
09-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh, this is too funny! I love GG! In fact, I even got my husband hooked on it:-) I'm rooting for Luke.

Irene

Jenny_A
09-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I love Gilmore Girls :-) It's the only show I watch! Although, I did turn on Brothers and Sisters the other night because of Sally Field being in it. Anyway, I vote for Luke. I love the writing on that show. I like the dialogue and the characters in Stars Hollow. I'm a little upset that the CW hasn't done a whole lot of promotional stuff on their shows. I would hate for the show to lose ratings because it sort of flew under the radar. I completely missed the whole WB/CW network thing. One day I turned on the TV and the WB was gone. Can anyone fill me in on what happened there?

I will say I hated the story line where they had Rory having an affair with a married man (Dean) :-(. Very un-Roryish. Before that I thought it was a fairly clean show.

Jenny

Mom to Caroline 1/06

sidmand
09-26-2006, 06:50 PM
I love the Gilmore Girls. DH was watching for awhile but won't actually admit that to anyone. I've been very excited about the premiere! Plus I love Veronica Mars too and starting in October they're going to be on back to back! I've never really had a must see TV night, but I think I might have to start blocking off Tuesdays. Of course that's what my DVR is for.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

ett
09-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Another Gilmore Girls fan here. They have new writers this season because the original ones left the show so it will be interesting to see whether that affects the show. I can actually keep up with Lorelai and Rory's dialogues because sometimes my sister and I will talk that fast.

And DH has also sat down for more than one episode, though he won't admit it either. :)

tarynsmum
09-26-2006, 08:08 PM
LUKE LUKE LUKE LUKE.

Always and forever (although I agree with PP about him needing to grow some). Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I am so glad that Logan Poo-head is off it England. I never liked him (and my feelings were founded after the bridesmaid incident). I can't believe Rory took him back after that, but alas, she's young, blah blah. I still hold out for Jess (ahh, Jess).

I never knew there were fans on here! yay! I love GG. Like bad.

katiesmommy
09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I have to admit, I'm completly obssessed with Gilmore Girls. My myspace has a Gilmore Girls wallpaper, and I keep up with the spoilers, because I simply can't wait. I wish I had friends around me who liked it too, then I would definitly have a party. I'm hoping my friend from california is online while watching tonight so that we can talk about it while watching, it'll be like we are watching it together, right?

megs4413
09-26-2006, 11:19 PM
isn't that a new avatar? I LOVE IT!

crl
09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
We watched Heroes instead. DH has gotten pretty tired of GGs. Oh and I vote Christopher. I would have totally voted Luke before the whole daughter thing, but now I'm not so into Luke and Lorelei. . . .

Anyone want to post a summary or know a link to one?

Thanks!

ETA: So funny, you must have been typing just as I was. Thanks!

megs4413
09-26-2006, 11:42 PM
i wish i coudl send the stuff i have tivo'd to other people! you're totally welcome at my house, but you probably live like a bajillion miles away...

here's the rundown (not exactly in correct order, but it's the best i can do):

we open and lorelai is in chris' bed and she TRIES to sneak out, but he wakes up and wants her to stay. she instructs him to go back to sleep and she gets home to find Babette doing laundry. Babette tries to get the scoop cause she heard about the fight with Luke, but Lorelai sidesteps her and asks her to leave.

Rory wakes up and Logan's gone and he has left her a gift: a model rocket....she is bewildered. he calls and asks if she got the gift and she said she did and she "loves it" and he's very glad. He lets her know he has landed safely.

Lorelai goes to work and tells Sookie that she and Luke are done. Sookie pleads with her that it's just a fight and blah blah, but Lorelai tells her about Chris. Sookie is upset, but tries to be supportive.

rory runs into paris at the paper's offices and paris has started a lucrative (and nazi-like) tutoring service. paris lectures Rory about how Logan and her have broken up though rory insists they are just long distance. It shakes Rory's faith in the relationship a bit.

Rory and Lorelai ask eachother about their respective boy situations and neither of them want to talk about it so they decide they should do an activity where they wouldn't talk. they choose racquetball. and end up talking on the floor of the racquetball court about the "rocket" gift and it's meaning. When they finally attempt to play, Lorelai gets beaned in the eye and gets a black eye (not very bad).

Rory spends the whole night trying to figure out Logan's gift and finally realizes it has to do with a night they spent together on a couch falling asleep to an old episode of the twilight zone. apparently it's logan's fav episode and in it, a man goes into space for 40 years but before he leaves meets the love of his life. the woman is going to stay on earth, but the man will be in suspended animation in space and will not age. She will have aged 40 years...the woman decides to go in suspended animation, too, though he doesn't know it so he decides to stay out of suspended animation and come back 80 years old just so he can live out his last few years with her and has spent 40 years alone in space just waiting for her. Rory takes it to mean that Logan is the guy and she decides to go to London.

Rory calls logan and tells him how much she loves the gift and he says i knew it...and she says she can't wait to come see him and he says i already bought you a ticket...she's elated! and then he says what do you think about christmas in Paris (or something like that) and he talks about this two week excursion for the two of them in europe. and she realizes he doesn't mean he bought her a ticket to come be there with him, he bought her a ticket for 6 mos. away for two lousy weeks! she is obviously devastated but tries to keep a brave face with him.

Luke makes a last ditch attempt at winning lorelai back. he has his truck packed and has made reservations for them to have a getaway...he says he wants to get married immediately. Lorelai tells him it's over, and he refuses to accept it until she says she slept with christopher. he leaves without saying anything.

then chris calls. he wants to see her again and she says it was a one time thing.

there was stuff with the town which i'll sum up by saying taylor and kirk are idiots and they crash a car into luke's diner. it was pointless and annoying.

sorry it was so long!

tarabenet
09-26-2006, 11:47 PM
"CW" is a combo-type name for the channel, using its parent companies' initials -- CBS and Time Warner. I suspect they'll have the money to do whatever is needed to keep the ratings and make a decent showing.

My step daughter got us hooked on Veronica Mars when she requested the Season One DVDs for Christmas. We just finished watching Season Two on DVD this weekend. (Our cable supplier refused to buy UPN, so we missed out, but we do get the new CW). Like any other show, Veronica Mars has its flaws, but I am really hooked and can't wait for the new season. If you can get your hands on the first two seasons, I think you'll be really glad you did. Jess, Huntzberger and Dean got nuthin' on Logan Echolls!

As for the Gilmores, DH and I really burned out on them last year. Why do such smart women keep making such stupid deja vu mistakes? But if you've loved them all this time, you'll enjoy Veronica's wit at least as much. Have fun!

JustMe
09-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Oooh, thanks for the update. I don't get to watch GGs anymore. I don't have cable, and never have, but I used to live in a city where we got the WB for free....not so, where I live now...so I havent been able to see a new show in quite some time!

Robyn
single mommy to my 3 yr old from Guatemala

crl
09-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the great summary! You know, I really, really, really don't like Logan.

crl
09-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the great summary! You know, I really, really, really don't like Logan.

katiesmommy
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I thought they did pretty decent considering that they were changing executive producers and writters. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. About the bags under Lor's eyes, is it possible that they left them, maybe even played them up for dramatic effect, to emphasize the point that she was losing sleep over what she'd done? Because that's what I thought. I've never liked Logan, I'm kind of hoping that Marty will come back and they will get together this season. I can't stand Taylor, I've always wondered why everyone just lets him run the whole town, why not just kick him out on his ear.

katiesmommy
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I thought they did pretty decent considering that they were changing executive producers and writters. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. About the bags under Lor's eyes, is it possible that they left them, maybe even played them up for dramatic effect, to emphasize the point that she was losing sleep over what she'd done? Because that's what I thought. I've never liked Logan, I'm kind of hoping that Marty will come back and they will get together this season. I can't stand Taylor, I've always wondered why everyone just lets him run the whole town, why not just kick him out on his ear.

candybomiller
09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I love, love, love GG. It's the one show on tv that I'm addicted to.

Last nights episode was interesting. I'm just not sure how I feel about Luke (dumba$$), Christopher, or Logan. I was a HUGE Jess fan, but now that he's busy on Heroes, I just don't see him making a comeback.

Did anyone else flashback to Friends and the whole "we were on a break!" think with Luke and Lorelai? How many times are we going to use the same tired plot device. It's already been done with Rory and Logan. Give it up.

I guess, in the end, I'm voting for true love and hoping that, in the end, Lorelai and Rory both find it. I'm ok if it's with Christopher and Logan. Luke has just pi$$ed me off too many times in the last season.

candybomiller
09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I love, love, love GG. It's the one show on tv that I'm addicted to.

Last nights episode was interesting. I'm just not sure how I feel about Luke (dumba$$), Christopher, or Logan. I was a HUGE Jess fan, but now that he's busy on Heroes, I just don't see him making a comeback.

Did anyone else flashback to Friends and the whole "we were on a break!" think with Luke and Lorelai? How many times are we going to use the same tired plot device. It's already been done with Rory and Logan. Give it up.

I guess, in the end, I'm voting for true love and hoping that, in the end, Lorelai and Rory both find it. I'm ok if it's with Christopher and Logan. Luke has just pi$$ed me off too many times in the last season.

sidmand
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Ah yes, Logan Echolls! For the longest time I thought he was trying to play Veronica when they were together and I kept waiting for the scam, but now that they're together again (and seeing some of the back story), I can totally see it. When he's not being a jerk he's pretty darn good. And he's saved her at least three times that I can think of (one time at an apartment, one time with the Fitzpatricks, and then on the roof). He's always there when she needs him!

Debbie

sidmand
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Ah yes, Logan Echolls! For the longest time I thought he was trying to play Veronica when they were together and I kept waiting for the scam, but now that they're together again (and seeing some of the back story), I can totally see it. When he's not being a jerk he's pretty darn good. And he's saved her at least three times that I can think of (one time at an apartment, one time with the Fitzpatricks, and then on the roof). He's always there when she needs him!

Debbie

babyready
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
The thing I hate most about the Lorelei and Christopher thing is that I think it totally undoes all the growing that Lor has done over the past six years, you know? It's like, she finally was able to let go of Christopher and move into a healthy relationship and didn't need that crutch anymore. And when one bad thing happens she goes running to him. I thought she had grown up but I guess not. Makes me sad.

No wonder Rory makes such horrific choices in relationships. Seriously, for a girl that is supposed to be so together and responsible she has a really bad track record.

And even though they turned Luke into a giant jerk last season, I really loved when he went and begged her back. And I have to side with Luke on this one. Who just goes and demands that you marry them RIGHT NOW when there have been problems. Of course he hesitated! And then she jumps into bed with the worst person possible. sigh.

I hope the new writers and producers can turn this into a show that I love again!! They were left with quite a mess to get themselves out of last season!

babyready
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
The thing I hate most about the Lorelei and Christopher thing is that I think it totally undoes all the growing that Lor has done over the past six years, you know? It's like, she finally was able to let go of Christopher and move into a healthy relationship and didn't need that crutch anymore. And when one bad thing happens she goes running to him. I thought she had grown up but I guess not. Makes me sad.

No wonder Rory makes such horrific choices in relationships. Seriously, for a girl that is supposed to be so together and responsible she has a really bad track record.

And even though they turned Luke into a giant jerk last season, I really loved when he went and begged her back. And I have to side with Luke on this one. Who just goes and demands that you marry them RIGHT NOW when there have been problems. Of course he hesitated! And then she jumps into bed with the worst person possible. sigh.

I hope the new writers and producers can turn this into a show that I love again!! They were left with quite a mess to get themselves out of last season!

lizajane
09-27-2006, 02:46 PM
voice of dissent:

i am madly in love with logan and he and i are going to have a lurid s*x affair.

;)

lizajane
09-27-2006, 02:46 PM
voice of dissent:

i am madly in love with logan and he and i are going to have a lurid s*x affair.

;)

megs4413
09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
hahahha.....it's not nice to make a preggo laugh so hard...especially when they have to go to the bathroom..........

megs4413
hahahha.....it's not nice to make a preggo laugh so hard...especially when they have to go to the bathroom..........

megs4413
>I hope the new writers and producers can turn this into a show
>that I love again!! They were left with quite a mess to get
>themselves out of last season!

agreed!

megs4413
>I hope the new writers and producers can turn this into a show
>that I love again!! They were left with quite a mess to get
>themselves out of last season!

agreed!

tarabenet
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
When they write Logan as bad, he is the biggest jerk on TV. But when them let him be charming, grrrrrrrrrr! Hot stuff! And he's like half my age, so shame shame shame on me!

tarabenet
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
When they write Logan as bad, he is the biggest jerk on TV. But when them let him be charming, grrrrrrrrrr! Hot stuff! And he's like half my age, so shame shame shame on me!

tarynsmum
09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
hee hee, I could say the same about Jess (that bad boy/ smartiepants just gets me going!) LOL

tarynsmum
09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
hee hee, I could say the same about Jess (that bad boy/ smartiepants just gets me going!) LOL

candybomiller
09-27-2006, 05:21 PM
All right Liza, just send him my way after you're done.

ciaobella
09-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Another voice of dissent here ...

I love GG and despite some of the annoying things that have happened over the last year or so we keep watching. My DH (while he won't admit this in public) loves the show too ... but like most of your DH's he hates how they talk so fast!

Anyhow, I am pretty tired of Luke and Lorelai, I just don't see the chemistry between them. I think Christopher is really attractive and I think there is undeniable chemistry between them. So, I am rooting for Christopher.

I was never a big fan of Jess ... and I LOVE Logan! Sure he had some bad behavior, but I think that he is growing up. I think he and Rory make a great pair - they too have great chemistry.

I thought some of the Rory plot lines were a bit out of character for her, but she had been so perfect that she frankly probably needed some adventure!

Can't wait for next Tuesday!

denna
09-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Well I didnt realize so many ppl on here were Gilmore fans! Believe it or not DH and I watch this show ALOT. Yes DH loves Gilmore girls too.

I must say I LOVED the Lorelai and Luke thing until Luke's daughter came into the picture and he started acting all floopy! I definitely do not like that she hooked up w/ Chris at all.

I am so sick of Taylor as well. And Kirk! He has really gotten on my nerves!!! I dont like that Lane married Zach (eck!) I miss the other dude that is now on the OC (forgot his name).

I agree about Rori as well, she has gotten on my nerves lately, but her and Logan have really grown on me. I was sad to see him go, he is immature and a bad boy but I think he really cares for her. And he has been better to her than Jess was. And dont get me started on the Dean thing! Glad hes got his own show now so hes gone for good.

I cant read anymore of this post! Being overseas we have to wait til the season comes out on DVD so an ENTIRE year!

I just hope this season will bring Lorelai and Luke back together but back to as good as they were before!

Thanks for this post I needed to splurge on Gilmore!

I wish I couldve come to the party too!!!

kboyle
09-28-2006, 09:21 AM
me, too, i'll take jess :)

i think it's cute that rory is really dating jess in real life :)

BaileyBea
09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I miss the old writers. I did notice that they are talking A LOT slower than usual. The writing is not nearly as witty with a hodgepodge of flashbacks to pop culture.

I love Luke but he makes me mad with the whole April thing. I think it maybe interesting to see if there is something between Loreli and Chris. Maybe they are both different now and they can get it together. HUmmmm... I dunno!

As for Logan... I actually like him. But I don't think he and Rory will last. I think Rory is snobby around him at times. Her whole DAR thing was a bit much.

Can't stand Kirk and the Mayor guy!

Honestly I just hope the writing improves. I saw the show the other night and thought... "Well this is the beginning of a very painful ending." I just didn't think the writing was as good.

Nancy

lizajane
09-28-2006, 10:08 AM
we may have to share! i am not sure i will ever be done with him. especially because he is hot AND rich. go rory, go!

mommyoftwo
09-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Okay, my thoughts on the episode.

Luke was really getting on my nerves last season but I did feel sorry for him a little bit when he tried to make things right and found out Loralai slept with Christopher. I really am not quite sure who I want Loralai to end up with. I'm annoyed with them both. I always wanted her to end up with Luke but after last season I don't know that he deserves her. Christopher has had his moments but he has hurt her so many times I don't know that he deserves her either. I would have a whole lot more respect for him if he had sent her home or at least not slept with her when she came to him. He knew she was engaged so what was he thinking. I do think he's really hot though.

Rory seems to have her life back on track but I feel sorry for her dealing with Logan. Overall, I think Logan has grown up and I think he really loves her. I was not happy with her choice in him at first but he seems to be maturing. We'll see what happens there. I'm witholding my final judgement on that one. I never like Jess when they were dating because I thought he was bad for her, but now he's really changed and taken responsibility for himself and they have good chemistry so we'll see what happens there. I really liked Dean in the beginning but when he had an affair with Rory I was SOOO over him. What a jerk! And what was she thinking?

The Taylor and Kirk escapades are getting old. Why on earth does the town let Taylor control everything? No one likes what he does so why don't they step up and DO something about it.

It will be interesting to see what happens this season. I didn't like last season as much because Luke was being a total jerk, but I've always loved the quick diaglogue and snappy comebacks that were written for Loralai and Rory. The new writers will have a challenge to fix the problems they were left with and also write the same quick, snappy dialogue. We'll see how the season develops I guess.