PDA

View Full Version : Ummm, how can I be pregnant?

maestramommy
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay, so after waiting 36 days for AF to get here, and starting to feel very funky, I took a pregnancy test. I cannot believe it, but I sat there stupidly staring at the 2 lines. I do NOT understand how I can be pregnant. We use BC all the time unless I know I'm getting AF the next day or something. The first time we did it without BC was Saturday, and that was already day 32 for heaven's sake! The test I used was First Response. I'm off to buy another test with a different kind of reading, but I am rather stunned at the moment. I mean, we were going to stop using BC as of this Sunday when Dora turns one and just be random for a while, but this is ummmm, a little unexpected. And I'm still nursing! Aack, I'm about to have a meltdown and Dora has music class in 20 minutes! Wahhhhh! Okay, I need to get a grip.

So anyone out there get preggo while using a condom? And what do I do if I want to keep nursing?

maestramommy
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay, so after waiting 36 days for AF to get here, and starting to feel very funky, I took a pregnancy test. I cannot believe it, but I sat there stupidly staring at the 2 lines. I do NOT understand how I can be pregnant. We use BC all the time unless I know I'm getting AF the next day or something. The first time we did it without BC was Saturday, and that was already day 32 for heaven's sake! The test I used was First Response. I'm off to buy another test with a different kind of reading, but I am rather stunned at the moment. I mean, we were going to stop using BC as of this Sunday when Dora turns one and just be random for a while, but this is ummmm, a little unexpected. And I'm still nursing! Aack, I'm about to have a meltdown and Dora has music class in 20 minutes! Wahhhhh! Okay, I need to get a grip.

So anyone out there get preggo while using a condom? And what do I do if I want to keep nursing?

MegND95
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
My #3 is a condom baby! Plus, I was watching my cycle pretty closely, and we did not do the deed anywhere near when I thought I was fertile. We laugh that he was just meant to be a part of our family.

Sounds like congrats are in order!

MegND95
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
My #3 is a condom baby! Plus, I was watching my cycle pretty closely, and we did not do the deed anywhere near when I thought I was fertile. We laugh that he was just meant to be a part of our family.

Sounds like congrats are in order!

megs4413
09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
i know it happens. i'm not sure what you mean about the nursing....

first off...you are not taking birth control pills right now, right? if you are, you should stop.

why would this affect the nursing? i'm not sure i understand the question....eileen and alicia (mudder and buddyleebaby) both nursed through their entire pregnancies i believe.

Try to relax....this is GOOD news! I don't think there's any reason to go buy another HPT, i think you should call an OB and get a blood test done ASAP. that way you really know what's going on. Try not to freak out and try to be happy!

My heart is with you...big hugs!

megs4413
09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
i know it happens. i'm not sure what you mean about the nursing....

first off...you are not taking birth control pills right now, right? if you are, you should stop.

why would this affect the nursing? i'm not sure i understand the question....eileen and alicia (mudder and buddyleebaby) both nursed through their entire pregnancies i believe.

Try to relax....this is GOOD news! I don't think there's any reason to go buy another HPT, i think you should call an OB and get a blood test done ASAP. that way you really know what's going on. Try not to freak out and try to be happy!

My heart is with you...big hugs!

punkrockmama
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, CONGRATS!

Yes, you can totally get pg with a condom. Maybe it broke and you guys didn't notice? It could have slipped too. How old was it? It could have had a crack the size of a pin hole that you wouldn't have noticed either.

If you want to keep nursing then just keep on keepin' on. Nothing special you need to do as far as I know. Oh, except maybe make sure you're getting enough to eat. I'm pg and nursing and I eat like it's going out of style.

:)

punkrockmama
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Well, CONGRATS!

Yes, you can totally get pg with a condom. Maybe it broke and you guys didn't notice? It could have slipped too. How old was it? It could have had a crack the size of a pin hole that you wouldn't have noticed either.

If you want to keep nursing then just keep on keepin' on. Nothing special you need to do as far as I know. Oh, except maybe make sure you're getting enough to eat. I'm pg and nursing and I eat like it's going out of style.

:)

karolyp
09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Megs, Melinda knows that Eileen is still nursing as they are sisters!! ;) And speaking of Eileen, does she know???

I also agree with Megs that you should get a blood test done, but I'm also thinking congrats are in order!!

karolyp
09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Megs, Melinda knows that Eileen is still nursing as they are sisters!! ;) And speaking of Eileen, does she know???

I also agree with Megs that you should get a blood test done, but I'm also thinking congrats are in order!!

mommyoftwo
09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
The first few cycles after having a baby can be pretty unpredictable. Sometimes you can ovulate much earlier or much later than normal. If you really want to know for sure, go ahead and call the doctor to have bloodwork done. I know it's overwhelming to find out you are pregnant when you didn't expect it (it's happened to me), but if you are indeed pregnant, it will be an incredible blessing.

As far as nursing goes, I assume you are worried about your supply drying up. Just do what you can and then don't worry about it. Dora has nursed for nearly a year which is much more than many babies get plus you have at least some stashed in the freezer. It will be okay, truly.

Keep us posted and good luck!

mommyoftwo
The first few cycles after having a baby can be pretty unpredictable. Sometimes you can ovulate much earlier or much later than normal. If you really want to know for sure, go ahead and call the doctor to have bloodwork done. I know it's overwhelming to find out you are pregnant when you didn't expect it (it's happened to me), but if you are indeed pregnant, it will be an incredible blessing.

As far as nursing goes, I assume you are worried about your supply drying up. Just do what you can and then don't worry about it. Dora has nursed for nearly a year which is much more than many babies get plus you have at least some stashed in the freezer. It will be okay, truly.

Keep us posted and good luck!

megs4413
yeah i know! that's why i didn't get the question! they're going to have little stair step cousins......one each year!

megs4413
yeah i know! that's why i didn't get the question! they're going to have little stair step cousins......one each year!

psophia17
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
You can get pg on the BCP, too, and if you only do it once (trust me, I know!).

I used the First Response test too, and needed to get a grip when I saw the BFP...I even called them to ask how likely false positives were (they're not likely, FYI). I'd say congrats are in order!

Once I got over the initial freakout, it didn't take long for the "woo hoo!" to kick in...here's hoping you get there fast :D

psophia17
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
You can get pg on the BCP, too, and if you only do it once (trust me, I know!).

I used the First Response test too, and needed to get a grip when I saw the BFP...I even called them to ask how likely false positives were (they're not likely, FYI). I'd say congrats are in order!

Once I got over the initial freakout, it didn't take long for the "woo hoo!" to kick in...here's hoping you get there fast :D

Wife_and_mommy
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Wow! Congratulations!! :)

I got off the BC after DD and purposely got pg though it was unexpected. I thought it'd take longer since dd took 18M to conceive.

I/we've been using condoms because I think the minipill had an affect on my supply with DD so I didn't want to risk it again. We usually buy the spermicidal ones because we've never been able to find stand-alone spermicide. That's always had me worried but I keep an eye on discharge and whatnot too.

I think DD had weaned by the time we found out I was pg but you can just continue nursing. Most definitely don't use nursing as a form of BC. It's no good for that past 6 months, I think. I wouldn't use nursing for any kind of BC but that's just me.

All in all, congratulations to you! :)

Wife_and_mommy
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Wow! Congratulations!! :)

I got off the BC after DD and purposely got pg though it was unexpected. I thought it'd take longer since dd took 18M to conceive.

I/we've been using condoms because I think the minipill had an affect on my supply with DD so I didn't want to risk it again. We usually buy the spermicidal ones because we've never been able to find stand-alone spermicide. That's always had me worried but I keep an eye on discharge and whatnot too.

I think DD had weaned by the time we found out I was pg but you can just continue nursing. Most definitely don't use nursing as a form of BC. It's no good for that past 6 months, I think. I wouldn't use nursing for any kind of BC but that's just me.

All in all, congratulations to you! :)

katiesmommy
09-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Um, well, my mom got pregnant on the shot, so anything is definitly possible. And I also know that she nursed while pregnant too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

katiesmommy
09-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Um, well, my mom got pregnant on the shot, so anything is definitly possible. And I also know that she nursed while pregnant too, so that shouldn't be a problem.

candybomiller
09-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Here's hoping for a BFP that sticks!!

candybomiller
09-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Here's hoping for a BFP that sticks!!

lmintzer
09-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, it certainly sounds likely. The tests rarely lie!

Congratulations!! More cousins for Kaya!

lmintzer

Congratulations!! More cousins for Kaya!

heidiann
Melinda,
I see congratulations are in order, soooo congrats and hoping for a healthy 9 months!

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

heidiann
Melinda,
I see congratulations are in order, soooo congrats and hoping for a healthy 9 months!

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

lmintzer

Congratulations!! More cousins for Kaya! (I'm assuming you've talked to Eileen or wouldn't be posting here, right?)

lmintzer

Congratulations!! More cousins for Kaya! (I'm assuming you've talked to Eileen or wouldn't be posting here, right?)

TaChapm
09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Congratulations! I've had 2 very recent Ummm, how could I be pregnant moments in the past 2 years after being told I couldn't get pregnant. ;-) It happens. Everything will be ok! It just takes some time to get used to it.

Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months! :)

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler 6-9-05
& Baby Jaci 8-10-06

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b2.lilypie.com/sJmVm7.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/EZwnm7.png

TaChapm
09-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Congratulations! I've had 2 very recent Ummm, how could I be pregnant moments in the past 2 years after being told I couldn't get pregnant. ;-) It happens. Everything will be ok! It just takes some time to get used to it.

Wishing you a happy healthy 9 months! :)

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler 6-9-05
& Baby Jaci 8-10-06

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b2.lilypie.com/sJmVm7.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/EZwnm7.png

wencit
09-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Looks like congratulations are in order! Here's to a healthy, happy nine months!

wencit
Looks like congratulations are in order! Here's to a healthy, happy nine months!

MommyAllison
Congratulations Melinda!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

MommyAllison
Congratulations Melinda!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png[/img][/url]

mudder17
09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Okay, how is it that I have to read the preggo board before I find out about all this?!!! ;)

Congratulations Melinda! I just left a message on your machine...

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 30 months...

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/1.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev317pp___.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

mudder17
09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Okay, how is it that I have to read the preggo board before I find out about all this?!!! ;)

Congratulations Melinda! I just left a message on your machine...

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 30 months...

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/1.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev317pp___.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

schums
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Congrats and sticky vibes to you. FWIW, I got pregnant on the pill, late in my cycle, only did it once that cycle. A good friend of mine got pregnant using condoms, too. Seems like nothing is 100%. Sounds like our babies were just meant to be!!

Congrats again!

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

schums
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Congrats and sticky vibes to you. FWIW, I got pregnant on the pill, late in my cycle, only did it once that cycle. A good friend of mine got pregnant using condoms, too. Seems like nothing is 100%. Sounds like our babies were just meant to be!!

Congrats again!

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

lisams
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like this baby really wanted to be made :-) What wonderful news!!

lisams
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like this baby really wanted to be made :-) What wonderful news!!

newnana
09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Congratulations! Sending good BBB mojo your way. Take care of yourself,
Michelle

newnana
09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Congratulations! Sending good BBB mojo your way. Take care of yourself,
Michelle

JulieL
09-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I got pg on on the pill and didn't know till 8 weeks along talk about :0 And yes even w/a condom you can get pg. Guess it was fate :)_ Congrats!

JulieL
09-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I got pg on on the pill and didn't know till 8 weeks along talk about :0 And yes even w/a condom you can get pg. Guess it was fate :)_ Congrats!

maestramommy
09-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I took the ept test with the readout word. Not much doubt there when the word "pregnant" appears. I kept thinking my period was coming because I've been cramping for the last few days, just like last time. No spotting this time though. I guess that's good? My OB's office opens in a few more minutes so I'll make an appt.

Not really worried about nursing except this may explain why I've not been able to pump much in the last couple of weeks, and why I had this feeling like I'm not as full first in the morning like I usually am. Hopefully Dora won't catch on and will keep nursing for a few more months.

There are too many thoughts spinning around my brain. And the fact that all you ladies know and my Dh still doesn't hasn't escaped me. I can only plead temporary insanity. I did email him and ask him to come home asap this afternoon because I have something important to show him. Think that's enough of a hint? :-) Beyond that I guess I have all the usual worries, like if this pregnancy is so unexpected will there be something wrong, or will I MC, no different from last time. Added to that is that I just can't picture Dora as a big sister! She is still a baby to me. I guess some of you went through that too, huh?

Thanks again so much and I would appreciate prayers as well as sticky vibes to get me through this first trimester!

maestramommy
09-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! I took the ept test with the readout word. Not much doubt there when the word "pregnant" appears. I kept thinking my period was coming because I've been cramping for the last few days, just like last time. No spotting this time though. I guess that's good? My OB's office opens in a few more minutes so I'll make an appt.

Not really worried about nursing except this may explain why I've not been able to pump much in the last couple of weeks, and why I had this feeling like I'm not as full first in the morning like I usually am. Hopefully Dora won't catch on and will keep nursing for a few more months.

There are too many thoughts spinning around my brain. And the fact that all you ladies know and my Dh still doesn't hasn't escaped me. I can only plead temporary insanity. I did email him and ask him to come home asap this afternoon because I have something important to show him. Think that's enough of a hint? :-) Beyond that I guess I have all the usual worries, like if this pregnancy is so unexpected will there be something wrong, or will I MC, no different from last time. Added to that is that I just can't picture Dora as a big sister! She is still a baby to me. I guess some of you went through that too, huh?

Thanks again so much and I would appreciate prayers as well as sticky vibes to get me through this first trimester!

kijip
09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
*I* am a condom baby, LOL. Toby is a BCP baby. It happens.

Peace to you while you sort things out and congrats just as soon as you want them!

kijip
09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
*I* am a condom baby, LOL. Toby is a BCP baby. It happens.

Peace to you while you sort things out and congrats just as soon as you want them!

crayonblue
09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Congrats! My MIL had a condom and IUD baby.

crayonblue
09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Congrats! My MIL had a condom and IUD baby.

megs4413
09-27-2006, 04:12 PM
prayers and sticky vibes coming your way! i can't wait to get to know you on the preggo board!

megs4413
09-27-2006, 04:12 PM
prayers and sticky vibes coming your way! i can't wait to get to know you on the preggo board!

tarynsmum
09-27-2006, 04:25 PM
You know, this sounds really funny, but when I was reading your post about pumping a couple days ago in Feeding, I thought to myself "I wonder if she's pregnant? nooo..."

Well, congratulations! A wonderful surprise anyway!

tarynsmum
09-27-2006, 04:25 PM
You know, this sounds really funny, but when I was reading your post about pumping a couple days ago in Feeding, I thought to myself "I wonder if she's pregnant? nooo..."

Well, congratulations! A wonderful surprise anyway!

bcky2
09-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Congrats!!!! how exciting, even if unplanned :)

bcky2
09-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Congrats!!!! how exciting, even if unplanned :)

elliput
09-27-2006, 04:47 PM
This is the best news I have heard all day! Congratulations, Melinda!

elliput
09-27-2006, 04:47 PM
This is the best news I have heard all day! Congratulations, Melinda!

jasabo
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow!! How exciting (after you get over the shock, of course ;) ) Congratulations!!!

My SIL recently had her first baby, who was conceived while she was on BCP's...I also have a friend who got pg while dh was using a condom...

Congratulations!!!

jasabo
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow!! How exciting (after you get over the shock, of course ;) ) Congratulations!!!

My SIL recently had her first baby, who was conceived while she was on BCP's...I also have a friend who got pg while dh was using a condom...

Congratulations!!!

kozachka
09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the update, Melinda, and congratulations. I was waiting for an update to post this but it sound like congratulations are in fact in order. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

kozachka
09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the update, Melinda, and congratulations. I was waiting for an update to post this but it sound like congratulations are in fact in order. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

brittone2
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Congratulations!!!

I know surprise pregnancies can certainly be a shock, but they can be a very wonderful thing too :)

Wishing you the best!!

brittone2
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Congratulations!!!

I know surprise pregnancies can certainly be a shock, but they can be a very wonderful thing too :)

Wishing you the best!!

mamicka
09-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Congrats!

Allison

sethsmom
09-27-2006, 05:35 PM
What wonderful news! Just think of all of the women who have to try for 1+ years for their second. You seem to have considered getting pregnant after DC turned one. You just didn't have to try that hard! You and I are going to have two very close to each other in age. Congrats!

missym
09-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us! Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

** Want a penpal for your BBB kiddo? Send an email to:
[email protected] **

KrisM
09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Well, congratulations!

juliasmom05
09-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Congrats Melinda. Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

mamalou
09-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Congrats Melinda!! Sending prayers and sticky vibes your way. I'm sure you'll have all these thoughts reconciled long before your precious baby overpowers you with love... hopefully before the nausea even kicks in :) It will be so wonderful to have kids so close in age. They will bring so much joy you can't imagine.

Enjoy!

mommyoftwo
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Finding out you are pregnant when you didn't expect it is always a little scary. You live a healthy lifestyle so I wouldn't worry about the fact that you weren't prepared.

With both Amelia and Linnea, I ended up telling friends before I told my husband. I was just so shocked I had to tell somehow and I had to figure out how to tell my husband. We had just miscarried right before Amelia and were trying NOT to get pregnant for the next three months like we were advised. Needless to say, that was a shock. Anyway, my point is, don't worry about the fact that you shared the info with others first. It happens and I'm sure you will have a special time sharing your news with your DH.

Congratulations! I'll be praying that the months will fly by and things will go smoothly.

pb&j
09-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Wooo! Congrats!

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34550.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

Aunt to sweet baby boy
09-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Congratulations Melinda, Dora and DH(don't know his name)

I hope the next months go smoothly for you.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060826/Fsm6.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/alzym7/.png[/img][/url]

hez
09-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Congratulations :)

jenjenfirenjen
09-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Yea! Congrats and sending lots of sticky vibes your way. I know I was shocked too when I got pregnant before my *baby* was even 1 year old. But I had a whole 9 months to get used to the idea and now he's a two year old big brother. And I nursed for the first six months of pregnancy. I hope you are able to nurse for just as long as both you and Dora both want.

sidmand
09-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Congratulations!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Lovingliv
09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Melinda....congrats :)

I was so shocked when i saw my set of pink lines...but now we are half way there and it is getting more comfy...

I totally understand the shock....I had just been for my annual the say before I found out saying "oh, if it happens great,,,"
I was still shocked. Hang in there Mama!

jennifer_r
09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Congratulations!!! You definitely sound pregnant to me!

I did have issues nursing and being pregnant BUT my DD was only 6 months old when I found out I was pregnant (talk about a surprise - DD1 was FINALLY conceived via IVF and DD2 took only one act of unprotected sex - go figure!). Your DD is older so she is not as dependent upon you for all of her nutrition; you should be able to keep up with her demand. Hopefully, your OB/GYN is supportive of this.

BTW, I have a friend who stopped nursing her DD when she was 7 months pregnant - she could have kept going but she didn't want to do tandem nursing.

Good luck and have a happy and healthy nine months!

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_garnet_6m.gif[/img][/url]

ribbit1019
09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
J was a surprise too, sounds like yours will be about 20 months apart. :) Sticky vibes to you mama, and a happy and healthy 9 (10) months!!

Christy
My Waterbabies M and J
"I 'scape. I 'scape an go ou da window. Go ouside." MD
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBCo-Ops/jo

maestramommy
09-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks Jessica, you seem to understand very well. Dh was a little harumph about me not telling him first, calling him at work. But considering the way he reacted when I did tell him ("What? No way, you're not pregnant. That's just impossible. I think you should wait a few days and take another test ") when I pointed that out and said to hear that on the phone would've sent me over the edge, etc. Anyway, he's just as shocked. Of course we are aware that BC is no guarantee but he's so sure that failure is due to user failure, not stuff that just didn't work. We are also staring at Dora and having a hard time picture HER as a big sister. Then there's the other stuff, like we just bought a running stroller and I've been running with her all week, we were going to get back into climbing now that Dora's older and soon to walk. But of course we can look at it as packing in all our child birthing now so we can get back to doing other things long term sooner, if that makes any sense. I'm sure on some level this makes us sound utterly selfish, but it was my gut reaction, y'know?

Of course, there's all the alcohol and caffeine I've ingested the last several weeks. Nothing major, but you know, a beer or half a glass of wine with dinner 4 days of the week. I was so good when I was pregnant before because I had been TTC for a few months and stayed off everything, ate super healthy. I've been eating a lot of ramen for lunch lately because I've been craving it (gee I wonder why!).

But of course we are also excited, and still laughing at the fact that we didn't even have to try! Which is sometimes hard to say here because I know that others are having a really hard time with TTC. All I can say is that this baby will be as much a blessing to us as Dora and we are forever thankful, even if it happened not quite the way we "planned."

crAbbymom
09-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Congratulations!

My girls are 20 1/2 months apart and are each other's best friend. Hard at times, but I absolutely wouldn't have it any other way.

denna
09-28-2006, 01:29 AM
You got it momma! Congrats!

shilo
09-28-2006, 03:48 AM
congratulations to you _and_ your growing family :).

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

CiderLogan
09-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Congratulations! A happy surprise! Sending sticky vibes your way...

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

starrynight
09-28-2006, 09:07 AM
My 3rd baby is from the same thing. Either I got pregnant on cycle day 30 (very, very unlikely I have 31-32 day cycles) or I got pregnant with a condom earlier in my cycle.

Congrats!!!

elephantmeg
09-28-2006, 09:25 AM
congrats Melinda!

MonicaH
09-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Congrats, Melinda! I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Monica

BaileyBea
09-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Congratulations!

I had a surprise too! And several moments wondering "How did this happen?!!!" DD was just meant to be.

Wishing you a happy 9 months.

CharmedOne
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Congratulations!

Caroline

http://b2.lilypie.com/3k5Am7/.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 15 months

Alice523
09-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Congratulations, Melinda! What a great surprise. My DS is two months younger than Dora (11/30/05) so I can imagine how you feel about her being a big sister. I will be praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you!

mommyto4
09-28-2006, 04:13 PM
I have 4 children. #1 DD was conceived the usual way. Then I had 13 years of infertility. #2 DD was conceived with the help of fertility pills. #3 DD come along really quickly after #2 (no fretility pills). #4 DS is a depo baby. So, There are 13 yrs. 9 mo. between 1 & 2, 16 1/2 mo. between 2 & 3, and 19 1/2 mo. between 3 & 4. Little miracles happen. Congrats!!! I nursed #2 while pregnant with #3. I also nursed #3 when pregnant with #4.

EllasMum
09-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Congratulations, Melinda!

Looks like it's time to update your signature! :)

buddyleebaby
09-29-2006, 04:27 PM
OMG! Congrats!

Nursing while pregnant is doable...; )

maestramommy
09-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, first I gotta get a due date! I have an appt. in 3 weeks.

maestramommy
09-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Hi Alicia! Great to hear your news on Preggo! Will you be tandem nursing?

JTsMom
09-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Little late here, but congratulations! :)

mommy_someday
09-30-2006, 10:06 PM
My MIL was on a different BC when each of her FOUR kids were conceived, so I think it's certainly possible. I think a big congratulations is in order! Hope you have a healthy, happy nine months!

calebsmama03
10-01-2006, 04:36 PM
First, CONGRATULATIONS Melinda! Second, PMing you :)
Mommy to C 3/03
And Miss P 5/05