PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Decorations

Pennylane
09-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

My dd desperatly wants to get all our halloween decorations put out. I've already done the inside but my DH says it is too early to put pumpkins and such on the front porch. It's still about 82 degrees where I live.

Any thoughts?
Thanks, Ann

kedss
09-28-2006, 01:53 PM
hmmm...maybe get some gourds from the grocery store and draw faces on them with a marker or paint? Gourds last a lot longer than pumpkins. :)
Maybe see hwat you can find at the local craft store as far as decorations that won't rot?

:)
I'm sorta itching to go get a pumpkin to carve too!!!

kristenk
09-28-2006, 01:55 PM
I think DH, DD and I are going to put together a scarecrow for our yard. Maybe you could enlist your DD's help in putting together a more autumnal display for outside? Okay, that's assuming your DH is opposed to having Halloween stuff outside right now. If he's not opposed to Halloween stuff right now, but simply opposed to pumpkins rotting on your front porch, how about making some flowerpot pumpkins from Family Fun? Here's the link: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11540

Pennylane
09-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Thank you both for your suggestions. I love the Family Fun idea, so cute. I just saw where CVS is selling kits you can use to make your pumpkin into animals so I think I am going to pick up something like that until we can carve them.

Ann

Raidra
09-28-2006, 07:35 PM
This weekend we're going to one of the local farms to buy cornstalks to put on your front porch. The grocery store has them, too, but I like supporting the locals. :)

We won't put pumpkins out until about two weeks before, but not due to the heat.. it's in the 60s here during the day, and 40s at night.