PDA

View Full Version : Thank you card wording help needed!

Java
09-30-2006, 03:51 PM
DS has been getting gifts in the mail from our friends and I'm stumped on what to write on the thank you card beyond the standard "Thank you for the shirt, book, etc." He doesn't see them often due to distance and most of them don't have any children.

Help!

Jenn98
09-30-2006, 03:57 PM
This is a similar to what I tend to write:

Dear Aunt Judy,
Thanks so much for the baby gift! The outfit is adorable and the teddy bear is very sweet. It was so nice of you to think of us and our little girl. We really appreciate it!

Love,
Me

Oh, and I tend to buy Thank You cards that are on the smaller side and write really big!

Java
09-30-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm all about small thank you cards! I make postcard thank you cards so he can color in the back and add some stickers so it's more personalized.

I forgot to mention that the card comes from DS so it's signed with his name:

Dear Aunt Judy,

Thank you for the shirt and book. <<This something extra is where I need help so the card is more than just 1 line.>>

Love, (I draw a heart and he colors it in)
Kael

Jenn98
09-30-2006, 04:11 PM
See, that's why I do the general "Thank you for the gift" as my first line because then the second line can add the something personal about the gift itself. :) And the third line is usually somehting about how nice it was of them to think of us. HTH!

searchdog
09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
I would say add something about for example:

clothes: I can't wait to wear it, or I have already worn it and I love it, or it is a perfect fit, etc

book: I can't wait for mom and dad to read it to me, or I love all the colorful pictures, or mom and dad have read it to me several times already and I love it.

toy: I have already had lots of fun playing with it and I am sure I will continue to have fun with it for a long time.

I always add something along the lines of thank you for remembering me on my special day, or thank you for celebrating my special day with me, etc.