PDA

View Full Version : PUPPS rash anyone?

megs4413
09-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I dont know if I have it or not, but I have a mysterious rash that suddenly appeared on my hand and arm. I can't think of anything i would have touched that would have made this happen which is why i'm wondering if it's PUPPS. it itches really bad and it started yesterday....if it's just contact dermatitis i'm wondering why it's still bothering me now...

trumansmom
09-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Yikes. That's where it started for me. :(

Here's the best, most comprehensive site I found on PUPPS: http://tinyurl.com/cb2ue Of course, I was using it 5 years ago, so there may be new stuff out there.

HTH and you have my deepest sympathy if it is indeed PUPPPs. Blech.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

sidmand
09-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Mine started on my hips. Never ended up in the places it was "supposed" to be, but it was the most awful, miserable thing I've ever been through (besides deaths in the family). So I hope it's not that. But if it is, I double and third Jeanne's suggestion about Naomi's PUPPS Page. It was a life saver for me. I was only 22 weeks along when I got it and I'm not sure what I would have done if I had another 18 weeks to endure it. I took herbal supplements (much to the chagrin of my doctor) and it slowly but surely went got better until it went away completely.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

ETA: To fix my typos!

megs4413
09-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm afraid i know very little about it, i only know that i have two friends who suffered with it greatly....

is it supposed to start on your hands? everything i have read says that it starts on your belly...i think it has spread to my other hand now, though, which makes me think it has to be more than contact dermititis...or it wouldn't be spreading....

good Lord I don't need this...

tarynsmum
10-01-2006, 08:56 AM
I had it REAL bad, only it started and stayed in one spot on my stomach . I thought it was just itchy stretch marks, I didn't say anything to my OB about it, and now I have a scar from itching so much. It wasn't until I went into the hospital (where I ultimately had DD) that a nurse said "oh, you poor thing! Here's some cream for that!" did the itching stop. And it was HORRIBLE. I couldn't sleep at night from itching and was afraid to use any topical stuff, so I would just lie there with a damp washcloth on my belly (which did actually help).

If it is PUPPS, I'm sorry!

trumansmom
10-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Mine started on my hands and then spread to the rest of my body with the exception of the palms of my hands, the soles of my feet, my breasts and face. I would wake up in the middle of the night with blood all over the sheets from scratching my legs and arm bloody. :(

I was one of the lucky ones, though. Mine only lasted 5 weeks or so, and disappeared completely before delivery. I hope you don't have it, but if you do, I hope it goes away quickly.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04