PDA

View Full Version : recs for a good night cream?

megs4413
10-01-2006, 07:19 PM
i don't use any now and i can't believe i'm asking....so not me....but i would like to start doing something about wrinkles...i don't want anything heavy duty and i still struggle with acne so i can't use anything that's super moisturizing....does anyone out there have something they love? TIA!

SJ mom
10-01-2006, 09:40 PM
The AVON Anew products are great. Lots of Alpha hydroxy acids, etc. I have been using the Lancome Resolution-D line for lately and really like it. It is light, absorbs easily and light on fragrance.

My next purchase...gift to myself will be La Mer cream.

crl
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Sorry to hijack, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. . . . I was thinking about this myself. But I have mild Rosecea. Anyone have any suggestions for me too?

Thanks!

Alice523
10-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I use Olay Total Effects. Costco carries it so I buy it there when they have the unscented with SPF version. I like that it's light so my skin doesn't feel greasy and also that it's economical so I don't feel bad putting it on each morning and night. I also like its packaging; it comes in a cylinder with a pump and a cap. It's perfect for travel and easy to use each night without needing to unscrew it and dip my fingers in for the right amount. (Just reread my post and I guess I really do like it!) ;)

cdlamis
10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
I have
>mild Rosecea. Anyone have any suggestions for me too?

For you and anyone else, I found a GREAT book all about skin care. I consider it my Baby Bargains Book for skincare. Its called Skin Care Solution. You take a quiz to find out your skintype and then it recommends products for that type. She does talk about Rosacea too.

http://www.amazon.com/Skin-Type-Solution-Revolutionary-Guide/dp/0553804227/sr=8-1/qid=1159761448/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0259025-2391903?ie=UTF8&s=books

I found my copy at Target or Walmart.

HTH~
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

karolyp
10-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Hey Megs, I am in Love with Mary Kay's oil-free moisturizer. It comes in a purple jar and is just wonderful. I have oily skin that's prone to breakouts - but so far this has worked really well with my skin type. If you know a MK consultant they can give you samples beforehand to try (or I'm sure you can find some on e-bay too).

Good luck in your search and HTH

mapg
10-02-2006, 07:43 AM
I like either Elizabeth Arden's sensitive skin moisturizer or Neutragena's sensitive skin line. I really like Arden's stuff and I can find it at TJMaxx sometimes. Arden counters are set up for samples, unlike clinique.