PDA

View Full Version : This is an ebay phishing scam right?

mommyoftwo
10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
I just got an email supposedly from ebay. It looks like the notification you get when someone has emailed you about an item you have for auction. The thing is I'm not selling anything. If you click on the link to the "item" it takes you to the ebay login screen. I'm assuming it's a fake login page and then they have your password. If it was a really item it should take you directly to the listing. So has anyone else gotten an email like this?

mommyoftwo
10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
I just got an email supposedly from ebay. It looks like the notification you get when someone has emailed you about an item you have for auction. The thing is I'm not selling anything. If you click on the link to the "item" it takes you to the ebay login screen. I'm assuming it's a fake login page and then they have your password. If it was a really item it should take you directly to the listing. So has anyone else gotten an email like this?

megs4413
10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
if you haven't recently won an auction, bid on an auction, or listen an item...there's no reason for it to be legitimate.

megs4413
10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
if you haven't recently won an auction, bid on an auction, or listen an item...there's no reason for it to be legitimate.

June Mommy
10-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I've gotten those too, it is a scam, don't log in. You can forward it to [email protected].

June Mommy
10-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I've gotten those too, it is a scam, don't log in. You can forward it to [email protected].

mommyoftwo
10-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks! That's what I thought. I was wondering if there was a way to notify ebay so thanks for that info. I'll forward it now.

mommyoftwo
10-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks! That's what I thought. I was wondering if there was a way to notify ebay so thanks for that info. I'll forward it now.

bcky2
10-04-2006, 01:47 PM
i did and it looked funny and i knew i had nothing for sale at that time so i opened a new screen and went to ebay and looked in my messages there and it wasnt there so i knew it had not come from ebay. i also looked up the user name on ebay and none of the info matched what was said in the email so i just forwarded it to ebay to take care of.

bcky2
10-04-2006, 01:47 PM
i did and it looked funny and i knew i had nothing for sale at that time so i opened a new screen and went to ebay and looked in my messages there and it wasnt there so i knew it had not come from ebay. i also looked up the user name on ebay and none of the info matched what was said in the email so i just forwarded it to ebay to take care of.