PDA

View Full Version : Is there a book about what to expect for 4 & 5 year olds ??

TraciG
10-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm asking for my friend, her DD started school for the first time & has changed , not listening & acting sneaky she was wondering if there are book's what what to expect at this age, she'll be 5 in January .

Thanks

lovin2shop
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't know of one, but I think that I need one! It's funny that you mention this because we just went to a parent teacher conference last week, and Drew's teacher said that we could probably expect some behavioral (sp?) issues by 4 1/2. He has been such a sweet, well behaved little boy up until now (shameless brag), that at first I didn't want to believe it. But, now I'm definitely starting to see a little bit of attitude surfacing. We escaped terrible twos and threes, but I'm thinking that we might finally get our share soon, so I'll be checking back to this post for recommendations!

californiagirl
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
There's a whole series called "Your # Year Old", some by Ames and Ilg, some by Ames and somebody else. They're a bit dated these days, but the basics never change...

TraciG
10-06-2006, 02:47 PM
THANKS

Karenn
10-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Yardsticks, by Chip Wood is geared a little more towards school stuff, but still really useful for parents.

I also like the Ames and Ilg books.