PDA

View Full Version : La Mer

mommy111
10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Anyone tried the cream/cleanser or the lotion? How do you like it? I have a present due from my mom :) and she insists it be a cream or something cosmetic just for me (I guess she's sick of me not taking care of myself and just decided to take things into her hands). If you hated it, any other recs for an aging-preventive cream/moisturizer?

aliceinwonderland
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
I have used 2 little containers of the creme. It's the best cream I've ever used, even if I do not believe all the claims. I will say my father visited me at that time after a few months not seeing me, and commented on how good my skin looked. It *is* thick and moisturising, so if you do not like a thick cream, I'd stay away (it does absorb well, however). I only used it at night.

I have a hard time rationalising the cost now(100 per ounce, or something like that?), so I do not use it any longer. I am *almost* equally happy with the Peter Thomas Roth creme.

Lucky daughter :)

luvmypeanut
10-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Love the cream. I've used it for years but now that we're in Hawaii I've switched over to the lotion. It does have a strong fragrance though, so you should try a sample first if you're sensitive to smells.

If she's treating you, check out the Revive Line. I'm using their eye cream and got a bunch of their skincare samples and I quite like it. It's not tacky like the La Mer cream can be if you use too much.

Good luck! What a nice mom!

Zansu
10-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I've been using the regular cream as an eye cream for a few years, and I really like it. I use it as a regular moisturizer a few times a month if I'm really dry.

It's a total splurge, and I really enjoy using it.

mommy111
10-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the input, and for the other ideas (also for when I run out of what she gives me and have to pay for it myself). And I agree, I have quite a nice mom :)

luvmypeanut
10-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I've also found that a little goes a long way and a pot lasts a long time. The serum is supposed to be a must used in conjunction with the creme but I didn't think it added that much to be worth the money. And it smells faintly of seaweed.

dotgirl
10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I have a 2oz jar that DH gave me for Christmas in 2004, and I'm only about 1/5 of the way through it. ;)

I love it. I only use it in the winter - in the summer it's too moisturising for my skin. But from about November to April, I use it faithfully.

The jar you get should come with a little 'scoop' - if you always use that to get the cream out of the jar and don't touch it with your fingers, it will last much longer.