PDA

View Full Version : My little polar bear (aka "How weird is my kid?")

jenjenfirenjen
10-09-2006, 09:58 PM
The dude has new habit that is just so strange I had to share. Every night during his bath, he starts yelling for "cold water!" DH will fill the water pitcher with cold water and the dude then dumps it over his head and does a little shiver dance and then screams for more. He will do this as long as you let him. So what nutty things is your kid up to?

rlu
10-09-2006, 10:53 PM
DS has discovered that if he clamps his teeth on his cup and tips his head back slowly, he can drink from his cup without using his hands. Makes a milk ring on his face that goes around his nose. It actually is pretty skilled, until he gets cocky and throws his head back too far and all the milk splashes on his face and drains down his face onto his shirt and tray.

oliviasmomma
10-09-2006, 11:17 PM
DD is now facinated with earrings. She has some metal shower curtain rings and uses them as earrings on herself by hooking them over her ears, then Daddy's ears, then the cats' ears! She is so proud of herself every time--it is hysterical.

buttergirl12
10-10-2006, 06:55 AM
DS thinks he is a dog. He shakes crumbs of himself, he pants with his tongue sticking out of his mouth, he sniffs everytime he sees something new around the house. When I tell the dog to sit DS sits down right next to him waiting for a treat. DS also likes to pee anywhere in the yard and he runs up to the fence and barks at people. He likes to lick people and he gets such a kick out of me saying "good puppy" to him. At least we got to him to stop eating out of the dog bowl.

Manja
WAHM to J 10/2003

http://b3.lilypie.com/wP8Zm5/.png[/img][/url]

elliput
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
How hilarious! Your son has a fantastic imagination. I love it!

Zana
10-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks to Seaworld...DS lies on the ground on his tummy with his back arched up and flops around with his mouth open and we have to throw pretend fish at him to catch...like "feeding the dolphins, mama!!"

candybomiller
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM
The other night I was tucking Matt into bed and he said "Mama, my butt is dangerous."

"Uh, ok, why?"

"Because it keeps making loud noises."

LMAO!

crAbbymom
10-10-2006, 10:37 AM
To take that one a bit further...My daughter (6) recently started announcing that she has a special talent...Farting (I hate to even type the word!)

Both my daughters love to be sprayed with cold water at the end of their bath! They shriek and beg for more!

They are too funny and WEIRD!!!

cmdunn1972
10-10-2006, 10:44 AM
DS (17 months) has a love affair with household cleaning tools. He loves to play with the vacuum cleaner in the closet, and he's actually thrown a major temper tantrum because I tried once to take the broom away. (We ended up buying him a kid-sized broom set.)

He's got this thing where he has a fit if I don't let him play in the garage as soon as we get home from running an errand. The first thing he does is run over the the broom caddy so that he can push the broom around the garage floor. I figured that so long as I'm supervising, there's no harm in letting him play in the garage a little bit. (Pick your battles, right?) Silly DS!

oliviasmomma
10-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, that is the funniest thing! I'll have to tell DH his is dangerous too...

deenass
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
My son went through a period of several months where he took baths in COLD bath water (he would actually turn the hot water tap OFF). I don't know why he did this, but he was happy as a clam.