PDA

View Full Version : Look more pregnant as the day goes on?

lisams
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
This probably sounds really wierd, but I don't remember it with DD. When I get up in the morning I look like what I would expect to at this point, but by the end of the day I swear I look 8 months pregnant and feel huge and uncomfortable. The next day the same thing, smaller in the morning and huge by evening.

Anyone else have this happen? Hopefully it's nothing to worry about?!!

bubbaray
10-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Yes! I wish I knew why.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

KrisM
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Not me, but a friend who's pregnant now has that happen. She doesn't really know why, either.

MommyAllison
10-11-2006, 11:37 PM
It happened to me a few days that I noticed with DD. It is really weird!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

jillc
10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
YES!!! Me, too! :) It does seem totally weird, doesn't it?

I got several "Whoa! You look really pregnant!" type comments from my DH quite early in this pregnancy when he'd see me changing into my pj's at the end of the day. Not said in a mean way of course, but that always makes a girl feel sexy. ;)

I do remember this happening to some extent when I was pregnant with DD, too. I'd start the day feeling pretty normal & by the end of the day I was feeling tired & pregnant.

I think that with second & subsequent pregnancies, it's related to the abdominal muscles having been already stretched out from DC#1 & so you start showing earlier, etc., etc.

jgiovagn
10-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Nothing to worry about at all! This happend to me and one of my girlfriends too. Don't know what the "medical" explaination is, but it sure was weird!

Jean