PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching LOST this season? (Don't worry no spoilers!)

JMS
10-12-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm watching it but if they don't start connecting some real dots soon, I'm about to get lost! :)

I don't even know where to start with my thoughts, questions, and predictions. It's just getting to be very frustrating for me.

Anyone else care to comment?

super_grape
10-12-2006, 01:01 PM
ummm, where's the chubby guy (farley??)?
I didn't watch the season finale but I thought he was
captured with kate, jack, and sawyer in the previews.
i did notice that no one has asked for him tho....

SammyeGail
10-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I have watched the new episodes too, and am getting alitte lost myself. Half the time I'll thinking 'huh?' But the twins interupt me sometimes, we just got Dish network and half the time I forget about the pause feature.

I wish I had last season's finaly recorded, I would really like to watch it again, maybe it would help with the new episodes.

I don't know what to say about the show either, I don't want to say much because I don't want to give anything away for the folks who haven't watched it yet. I was glad to see Lock and Hugo on the previews for next week, maybe then I can remember what was going on on that side of the island, lol!

Also, I am getting a little tired of the flashbacks to their lives. In the first 2 seasons they helped answer some questions and were interesting, but the 2 so far this season have been boring and leaving me to wonder what the point even was.

Samantha

bcky2
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
they let harley go back to their camp to "deliver a message".

we just finished watching season two on dvd about 2 weeks ago so it is all still fresh for us :)

bcky2
10-12-2006, 01:22 PM
i am dying to see the other side of the island too, i want to know what happened in that explosion. it is killing me, but then again i am a locke fan ;) well that and sawyer, who can pass up the yummy bad boy :P

i could also do without all of the flashbacks, it is taking up alot of the shows time it seems like.

BaileyBea
10-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I want to know... when the blonde girl came running out ready to tell the leaders of "The Others" (who were w/Sawyer and Kate digging up rocks etc.) that Said and two others were on a sailing boat.... Did she call the man she kissed "Daddy?"

Hummmmmm........ Then Henry Gale said he was born on the island.. That got me thinking... well incest is a probability in that situation where a bunch of folks are stuck on the island for years and years etc...

Sawyer gave him a look like "you dirty old man!"

HUMMMMM...

momma_boo
10-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I thought she said "daddy" too but then they looked very similar in age and then they kissed, so I thought I must be mistaken.

It's the whole tease of "Lost" that is frustrating but also intriguing at the same time. They keep adding more layers of questions w/o really answering anything - the Others keep saying they are not the "enemy." Is there an enemy, then? What is the story behind that whole group?

Now, another question from last night is whether Jin knows about Sun's indiscretion and is she pregnant with the other man's child?

When they took Sawyer and Kate to work, there were other people working there. Could those have been the people from the tail section who were taken away soon after the crash?

sethsmom
10-12-2006, 03:08 PM
oops, double post!

sethsmom
10-12-2006, 03:08 PM
My husband grew up with "Sawyer." Josh Holloway is the brother to DHs best friend. We started watching Lost in support of Josh, but when he told us that there was a polar bear on a tropical island that Josh kills with a handgun... well, we did not expect too much. Boy, am I glad we were wrong!

My thoughts on this season so far:
- Who was the girl who was whispering to Kate? Is she the same one who helped the pregant girl escape when the others captured her? How was she related to Rousseau (the Frenchwoman?) Could the young man she was searching for in the cages be Rouseau's son who had been taken away as a child?

- Why did Ben get excited about the prospect of having a boat? They had one before, but it obviously didn't mean much to them since they gave it to Michael as payment for his delivering of Kate, Sawyer, and Jack. What difference does it make if they have a new boat?

- Okay, Jack is in an aquarium, Kate and Sawyer are in bear cages. What kind of place was this before the Others came?

That's all I can think of, but it does get the mind going.

bcky2
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
the girl that was whispering to kate is the frenchwomans dd isnt she. i thought that last season they said something to that effect. hmmm, maybe she had two kids?

oh yummy, sawyer...................

bcky2
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
that there is a lost message board.......lol

saschalicks
10-12-2006, 04:26 PM
OK here's some things:

The girl who was talking to Kate is Alex Rousseau's daughter.

Could the polar bears have escaped or been let loose from the bear cages where Kate and Sawyer are being held?

I think Ben wanted the boat away from Said, not that he wanted a boat. That was the feeling I got.

super_grape
10-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Aaaahhhh, thanks! I was really getting worried, lol :) !

bcky2
10-12-2006, 05:00 PM
is it my emagination or is sayid getting a little bit careless. he just seems like a man on a mission with no regard for others around him now that his woman is dead. they may want the boat just to have one, they gave the other one to michael and his son to leave on.

bcky2
10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
how bad is that it is hurley not harley. boy, my brain just doesnt work like it used to ;)

Raidra
10-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't think Jin knows about Sun's affair, and I don't think it's that guy's kid, either. They've been on the island for 69 days, she would have missed at least two periods, and didn't she just find out that she's pregnant? Don't forget that the island heals people..

I thought that some of the flashbacks this past episode were interesting, but I really didn't get the point of the glass ballerina. Jack's flashbacks last week were kind of boring, too.

ETA: I forgot to mention the Red Sox thing.. that was so funny. We're from Boston, so any mention of the Red Sox winning the Series cracks me up. 50 First Dates (sadly, one of my favorite movies) has a mention of the Red Sox winning, but then they say that they're just kidding. Hah!

randomkid
10-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Yep, did know that, but don't read it. DH has read it a little bit.

I agree with OP - I'm getting a little frustrated and kind of bored. They aren't giving us anything anymore to get you thinking. It just keeps getting stranger all the time with no hints of answers. UGH!

1ceng1
10-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Not to mention the experiments they did to baby Aaron before he was born...could Sun's baby be of interest to them in the future?

super_grape
10-12-2006, 08:19 PM
well, harley is closer to hurley than farley :) , lol!

Fairy
10-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Love, love, love, lovedy-love-love.

SPOILERS. HERE BE SPOILERS!

Keep scrollin'

1. The island heals people. Jin is the father of the baby cuz, as a PP said, they've been there long enough that Sun, who is no dummy, woulda noticed she was pregnant by now. Jin is not likely to know about cue ball.

2. The hostages are being tested and psychologically experimented on/messed with. They're being watched. It's all a test.

3. Something happened to Kate between the time of her creepy, handcuffed b-fast with Ben and the time she got to her cage. She was visibly shaken, her wrists were bloody from the cuffs, and she was a mess. I think that she's being forced to play along with the "testing" of Sawyer against her will.

4. I think the island can read your mind to a degree. Remember, the speaker in his dolphin tank spit out the very words and voice of his father in the flashback he had just been remembering.

5. Blondie is a baddie. She's gotta be. Elizabeth Mitchell is wonderful. Oooh, I love 'er.

6. The girl talking to Kate is Alex, Rousseau's kidnapped daughter, the search for which has driven her to the near maddness we now witness. She is the same girl that helped Claire. I do believe she is a good guy.

7. Are the Others the good guys, and the Losties the bad guys? Honestly, I think the Others are the bad guys they appear to be.

8. I have it on good authority that the person Kate appears to be picking will not be the person she ends up with.

9. Josh Holloway is yummy, sure. But he's also an outstanding actor. His wife plays a role on the show in someone's flashbacks from time to time, but I forget whose.

10. If you really want to get good spoilers on Lost that will NOT ruin it for you, go to eonline.com and go to the "Watch with Kristin" section. Within her section are "Message Boards." She always posts a Lost Redux after each episode airs to discuss what happened and what it all means. She has big time scoop, but she's careful about what to reveal -- and she doesn't have it all, anyway -- and I depend on those suckers, lemme tell ya! Here is a link to her whole area --> http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/index.html?fdsskristin. Also, there are several wonderful Lost sites that really get your blood pumping. I avoid those, cuz, honestly, my heart can't take it.

bcky2
10-12-2006, 08:56 PM
ok you made me snort :)

bcky2
10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
>9. Josh Holloway is yummy, sure. But he's also an
>outstanding actor. His wife plays a role on the show in
>someone's flashbacks from time to time, but I forget whose.

sure mention the wife so that i have to now somehow wipe her out of my mind when i daydream about him ;)

SammyeGail
10-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow! Some of you have done a great job in keeping up and speculation!! I mean that in a good way, isn't that what Lost is about? I feel like such a Lost slacker now, lol!

I have viewed some posting boards in the past but didn't really get into them.

Why did I call the big guy Hugo? Is that his name is real life or something? I could have sworn that was his name.

Thanks to those who posted theories, I loved it.

I guess I am the only non-Holloway fan. I mean he does great on the show, but I guess I've never been into bad boys. My favorite is Locke and his past, I just love the personality he has on the show!

Samantha

Fairy
10-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Hurley's real name is Hugo Reyes. You didn't invent it :-) He's my favorite character and backstory. Also like Kate and Bernard & his wife alot. One of the reasons I like Hurley so much is cuz the actor is really workin' the mojo. He's a big guy, it can't be comfy out there for him in the heat. I read an interview with Evie, I believe, saying that the clothes are that dirty cuz they're really that dirty. There's not like 9 sets of clothes, just a few of each (or one), and by the end of a day of heavy filming, they are all just as rank as they appear.

cchavez
10-13-2006, 02:02 PM
I like Sawyer but only as a character on the show...he is NOT my type. Now Jack.....:)

SammyeGail
10-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Ok, didn't want to think I was loosing it with Hurley's name, and as much as I like him, I wish he'd cut his hair, I would just like to see how he would look. Speaking of hair, isn't it wild how Sawyers hair has grown about 4-5 inches in the 3+ months they've been there? And Kate has given him a haircut already. I forgot about Bernard and his wife!! I loved when they tapped into their past.

Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't have the hots for Sawyer, I do like Jack too, so cute!

I also heard that about their clothes, hope the actors get paid well since the wardrobe budget is probably $100 an episode. "Woops, we need some more tanks...errand boy, here's a $20."

Sam

bcky2
10-13-2006, 04:00 PM
lol, now i cant stand jack. isnt it so funny how we all have our likes and dislikes. for me sawyer and locke.

i also would love for hurley to cut his hair but more so to SHAVE!!!

robinsonbn
10-13-2006, 05:37 PM
I just caught up the last 2 episodes on ABC.com I love how you can watch what you missed. Anyway, they have gone two episodes without showing Hurley returning to camp or Lock and Ecko's status. I really hope they some how survived they are two of my favorites. Also, who are the others, I mean at the beginning of the premiere they were in like a community, but then all you see of them is more primitive surroundings. I also kinda hope they follow up on Micheal and Walt, you know what they go through trying to get home, if they do will they try and get the other rescued ect. I guess that is all of my thoughts since there has been a very different feel to the show lately at least imo. Umm what about the black cloud of smoke that kills people...

Vajrastorm
10-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Though Mr. Eko and Sayid are on the list too. Jack's not bad, but the competition is tough.

Oh, the eye candy.}(

bcky2
10-14-2006, 07:38 AM
um yeah, i would take sayid in a hearbeat if sawyer were to die on the island. i would need a yummy sholder to cry on, right :P

Raidra
10-14-2006, 08:12 AM
My husband just sent me this link:

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Experience_revelations

At the end of last season, a game was created (presumably by the creators of the show).. remember the TV commercials for Hanso? I'm pretty sure that's how it started. Anyway, it continued all through the summer, I think using websites mainly. A lot of things about the backstory of Lost, what the numbers are, etc were found out. Not really anything relating to the events on the island during the show (the show and the game take place at different times, I guess), but it's kind of interesting.

I tried playing the game, but it was too geeky for me (yeah, sure, that was it). ;)

robinsonbn
10-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok so I just read everything on the link...can we say confused! So ok the comercials for the Hanso foundation real or not, I am just really confused...