PDA

View Full Version : So, we're off to a neurologist, DD 12 mth & physcially behind

JulieL
10-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I know we are to talk on the appropriate board, so I'm linking the appropriate board, but would like to get more to see my post by linking this here, can I do that?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=74&topic_id=134&mesg_id=134&page=

mommyoftwo
10-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Julie,

I'm not sure what to tell you but I'm sure it must be very scary. Linnea is off the charts small but is fine in her motor skills so I'm not worried about her weight. Could you try pumping breastmilk and giving it to her in a sippy cup? BM has more calories than anything else you could give her so the more you can get in her the better. Also, could you mix breastmilk in her other food like cereal for example? With Linnea, the ped was concerned and wanted us to give her more solids, but at the time she was having major reflux issues and couldn't keep solids down anyway. Plus like I said above BM has more calories so I didn't understand why he wanted a six month old on 3 or more meals a day. But I digress. The point is that we pushed breastmilk and avoided solids (though your dd is past that point) and she finally started gaining weight. I hope you get some answers soon.

nathansmom
10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
If you'd like to cntact me off the boards I will share our problems. Nathan has been off the charts for years now and is fed vis a gtube and is in feeding/oral therapy. However due to some horrible experiences I will no longer share much personal stuff online anymore. I'm willing to share our story and I have lots of handouts from our experience I'd be willing to share with you off the boards.

JulieL
10-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Norah I'd love to chat with you again. I'll pm you.