PDA

View Full Version : When did your DC get his/her first tooth?

pb&j
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
DS is more than nine months old and still toothless. We're joking about buying him dentures. Personally, I love his gummy little smile. I'm not concerned, but I am curious as to when others' DC's got their first tooth.

scoop22
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
ds got his first tooth at 9 mo and second tooth at 11 mo. we thought the third would come at 13 mo. we are still waiting. i also joke that if he doesn't get his teeth and we have to do dentures then we don't have to worry about braces. we also laugh that he will (hopefully) be talking when he gets his teeth. so he can tell me when he isn't feeling well. i just hope they come without to much pain to Ds.

Keep us posted on your toothless wonder...
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

lilycat88
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
1st at 11 months. She's 27 months and her top cainines have just come through.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

writermama
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM
there was another thread about this recently. seems like it's perfectly within the range of "normal" to not get teeth until 1 yr or later. On the other extreme, I met a baby who got her first teeth at 3 months. ouch! normal is just a wide range when it comes to teeth.

elliput
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
1 day shy of 10 months. Had four in less than 4 weeks and then took 5 months off before any others appeared.

Lovingliv
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Glad to see you have stayed calm. My mom had me in a total panic...so I posted because Liv only had like two teeth at 12 months. The responses were hysterical.
She is now 18 months and has 7 teeth!

holliam
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
My daughter was born with 2 teeth but they were not fully erupted and they have never developed. So, I don't count them. :)

Otherwise, she was toothless until about 13 months and then had all of her teeth except 2nd year molars within 4-6 weeks. It was amazing how quickly they all came in once they started!

She ate absolutely everything (except things like nuts, raw veggies, etc.) without teeth. :)

Holli

crAbbymom
10-17-2006, 11:34 PM
One of my girls got her 1st tooth the day she turned 1 yr, the other 1 or 2 weeks after. (don't ask which was which, can't remember at all!)

Now my 1st is over 6 and hasn't lost even one tooth yet! None are even loose! From what I understand, late teethers usually lose baby teeth late, too...

cmdunn1972
10-18-2006, 04:21 AM
DS was born about a month early, so all his milestones like that were about a month late. Plus, teething is supposedly hereditary anyway, so there's nothing you can do about it.

KrisM
10-18-2006, 05:46 AM
DS was early and he had everything but 2 year molars at 14 months. He has a friend who got his first tooth at 15 months. It was pretty funny seeing them together - a full mouth and an empty one!

I've read that when they get them later, they tend to be healthier teeth. Probably you have less of the struggle to brush them time.

BTW, the friend who got them late has 6 teeth now - at 2.5 years. His 1 year old brother has 8 :).

katerinasmom
10-19-2006, 08:17 AM
DD's first tooth did not come in until she was 16 months old. We were so excited that we sent "Tooth Announcements" to all the relatives. She is now 28 months and has only 8 teeth total (including 4 molars).

brownlesa
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
My DD is 13 months and we're still waiting for her first tooth. I check every day and it doesn't look like anything is going to pop soon. It's definitely not slowing her down in the eating department!

Leslie
DD 9/13/05

Mamma2004
10-19-2006, 01:08 PM
DS was two months premature but he had one tooth on his first birthday and then when he was 14 months he got THREE within 24 hours.

Stephanie

LaurelC
10-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I have probably got you all beat - Madeline got her first tooth at 17 months old.

She is now 29 months old and has all her teeth except for her 2-year molars and one lower "fang"...

heidiann
10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Jillian was 7 months old when she got her first tooth, but then withing a matter of weeks she had 6 teeth.

Heidi
Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

gordo
10-19-2006, 08:37 PM
DD got her first tooth at 15 months. Within 4 weeks she had 4 teeth.

ribbit1019
10-19-2006, 10:44 PM
DS 4 months, DD 6 months. We are in teething h-e-double hockey sticks right now. DS is getting his top two front in at the same time and DD is getting her two year molars. What a week to have this happening...

Christy
Wife to Richard
My Waterbabies
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/Yw0w.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/0vphm4.png
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/iBmU.jpg http://bf.lilypie.com/uy3Mm4.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

Marcy_O
10-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Brighton was ten months old when he got his first tooth. Then he didn't get his next THREE (all at the same time) until he was about 13 months. Never fear, supposedly the longer they take to come in the stronger they are :)

kijip
10-20-2006, 02:22 AM
At darn close to 16 months for Toby. We were literally going to take him in for x-rays (to ensure that the teeth were even in there to come out, LOL) when 2 teeth popped out on the top on either side, pretty much at the exact same time, giving him baby fangs. Just in time for Halloween, ;) 15 months with no teeth and your ped will want to know about it and think about scheduling x-rays.

No worries, they will come. And kids can chew steak without teeth, I swear it is true. :P

My teeth came in late. Only disadvantage to this is that by the time I lost my baby teeth, I was far too old to believe in the tooth fairy. I think I was 7 when the first one came out, and I pratically forced the darn thing out, I wanted my money. :) Otherwise, I think late teething is great. Toby was done with it really fast and what would appear to be relatively painlessly as I never had to medicate or soothe him through "teething" pains. By the time I knew there was another tooth coming in, it was bascially already there. He once cut 8 teeth at one time (two back ones on each side, top and bottom) and had everything except the 2 year molars really quickly. He now has them all, including the 2nd year molars which did not appear till last month.

bunnisa
10-20-2006, 11:45 AM
4 mo for the first DC, 6 mo for the second.

...blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres