PDA

View Full Version : I have to tell you what Peyton's been up to (and you share too!)

punkrockmama
10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Okay, so Peyton has been doling out some real pearls lately and I just had to share with you guys. :)

He likes to pick his nose (I know) and always gives me the fruits of his labor. So the other day he goes to hand me the bounty and says very seriously "Now DON'T eat them." I was all "Really? Are you sure? Because I wasn't sure."

Then yesterday I lost my cool with him. I will admit that I wasn't able to use the right tools and didn't have a handle on myself and raised my voice. I didn't take his head off or anything but I did raise my voice loude enough to make me ashamed of it. Well, I sat down a minute later and kinda started to cry because of it (but at this point EVERYTHING makes me cry). My son came over to me, hugged me, and said "Momie, me not mad at you anymore either. But make sure you no do it again, okay?" My hand to heart the exact words he used. Just made me cry harder! LOL

I was getting him ready to go out when I walked from one room to the next to grab his shoes. I called after him to hurry up. He said, "Hang on, me coming, me coming. I'm scratchin' my butt." I looked back and he did indeed have his had down the back of his pants. I started laughing so hard and he totally looked at me like what? So I have to scratch my butt, don't be so immature mom. The kid almost rolled his eyes at me,lol.

Also yesterday-

Me: Peyton, I love you so much.
Him: You do?
Me: Yep.
Him: Oh. I like that!

Some days I do belive there is some voodoo goin' on and some old man or something did a chant and switched bodies with my toddler. The things he says! :) :)

So, please do share. What funny/sweet/crazy things are your kids saying these days? :)

tny915
10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Peyton's such a sweetie! :)

Here's a few conversations from my house. I've saved them for the scrapbook.

I was carrying DD one day, and she looked at my stomach and announced, "When I was little, I used to be in your belly. Then I got so big that I jumped out!"

DD was playing in her activity garden and wanted me to join her. I told her I was a little too big and I wouldn't fit. She said, "Mommy, you need to grow a little bit smaller. When you grow up to be a little Mommy, then you can play in my garden."

While getting dressed one morning, she said, "When I need clothes, I go to BabyGap. Mommy, when you need clothes, you go to MommyGap. And Daddy can go to DaddyGap!"

I love how their little minds work! :)

Lynnie
10-18-2006, 02:49 PM
oh my goodness, you did just post this and you are still pregnant. you poor thing.

anyway, very cute story ! arent't they the greatest !!??

My recent favorite was actually yesterday, when DS 2 vomited all over DH and his car (heh heh heh). Apparently, he looked at the mess and said "aye yae yae. oh my goodness."

And the older one was so sweet last week. He told me that when he grows up and gets married and buys a house, it will be in New York, and he will have a room for me to live in. I asked if I will help him and his wife cook and do things around the house, and he said, "no, you'll be too old.(hmm maybe NOT so sweet, after all, but true) I will take care of you" Of course, a few months ago, he wanted to marry me, so perhaps I am going down on the food chain.

Fortunately for his future wife, I will not hold him to his word !

Moneypenny
10-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh, what sweeties! DD is big into hugging "cheek to cheek" or "belly to belly" where we put our same body parts together and snuggle. I was changing her diaper last night and she must have had some stinging or something going on down there because she whined that she wanted to hug "bulva to bulva" (she can't quite master that first "v" in vulva).

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]

californiagirl
10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
DD last night was talking about how she's getting bigger and bigger, and she's going to drive, "And when you're smaller, I'll drive you to daycare."

punkrockmama
10-18-2006, 05:15 PM
>oh my goodness, you did just post this and you are still
>pregnant. you poor thing.
>
>

Lynnie, girl, I feel like I'm always gonna be pg.

Your son is soo sweet. That is super cute. Peyton has not said anything about wanting to marry me. I think seeing what DH goes thru is enough to turn him off that,lol.

punkrockmama
10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
>Oh, what sweeties! DD is big into hugging "cheek to cheek"
>or "belly to belly" where we put our same body parts together
>and snuggle. I was changing her diaper last night and she
>must have had some stinging or something going on down there
>because she whined that she wanted to hug "bulva to bulva"
>(she can't quite master that first "v" in vulva).
>

Hahaha. I love it, so funny and cute.

Thanks for sharing guys. :)

mamalou
10-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Sheila,

Those stories are too cute!!

So we are in the car running from DD's school to volunteer at DS's school, so we have to eat lunch in the car.

DD: Mom.
Me: ... (There's silence, I'm chewing on something.)
DD: Mom!
Me: ... (There's silence, I'm still chewing. Like 2 seconds have passed.)
DD: Mom!!
Me: Yeah, what do you want?
DD: Mom, are you chewing on something?
Me. Yes, we have to eat before we get to DS's school.
DD: Mom, you're not suppossed to talk with food in your mouth. I learned that at preschool.
Me: Yes, dear. Thank you. Now what did you want to tell me?
DD: You're not suppossed to talk with food in your mouth.
Me: Before that?

We get caught in a loop even though there is no longer food in my mouth :)

Wife_and_mommy
10-18-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/QQKqm4.png
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png

madelinesmom
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
A few months ago Madeline and I were in the car running around town... She has really gotten bad about talking back... One of the ways I have tried to combat this is not to speak to her when she is talking back or talking ugly... This is what it got me:
Maddie: talking rude...
Me: Mommy will talk to you when you use nice words...
Maddie: talking rude...
Me: silence, this goes on about 2 minutes
Maddie: Mommy, you can do it, you can talk, just use your words...

Needless to say we are trying new ideas to combat talking back or ugly...
It did make me laugh, I totally heard myself...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

Aunt to sweet baby boy
10-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Sometimes avi will say "yeah" or "yes" to whatever you ask him even if he knows the answer. He also loves to ask "what is it" and to repeat the same question even after you have answered it.

Avi: want hat (refering to hat on baseball players head)
Me: you have a hat, do you want to get it?
Avi: yeah
Me: do you want a plastic hat like they are wearing?
Avi: yes
Me: what color do you want?
Me: Do you want a blue hat, a green hat, a red hat?
Me: do you want a blue hat?
Avi: yeah

Although this conversation would not show it avi has more than 4 words in his vocabulary.

Avi: where sarah (my sister)
Me: sarah is at school right now
Avi: where tucker (my dog)
Me: tucker is at my house sleeping

a minute later we had the same exact conversation. The dog was not sleeping at the time that i knew of but that is what we tell him when it is not a good time to come over.

Oh, the joys that come with a very verbal two year old.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061013/8QJ2.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/xZBrm7/.png[/img][/url]

denna
10-19-2006, 04:10 AM
These stories have truly made my morning :). They are so sweet. I can't wait to share my lil conversations w/ DS.

This week, DS has been playing peek-a-boo w/ his blankie or burp cloth. He holds the blankie up in front of his face (w/ the biggest grin) and cracks up laughing as DH or I say 'Where's Tyler?', and then he jerks it down quickly and cracks up laughing when we exclaim, 'There he is!'. It is the sweetest thing.

He has been doing great w/ his solid foods, and has even ventured into the land of cheerios and has been practicing his pincher grip. He rarely makes any in his mouth, but oh well, we're just practicing. He has also been getting some sippy cup experience, well in his eyes a fun chew toy. He is really teething this week, and has been down w/ a lil bit of a cold so Mommy and Daddy have been alternating days off to spend at home w/ him.

Oh and he also seems to think that mommy's hair is the greatest tasting thing on the face of the earth ;).

Sheila, Peyton sounds like such an old soul and the sweetest lil guy. He's definitely a keeper ;).

Thanks for asking...:) :)

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Hang on, I'm scratchin' my butt? That's awesome. I coulda used the laugh i got from this thread this week while I've been offline and in hell at the office. HELL!

Ok, so here's a good one from DS. He's got a speech delay, so not alot of verbally funny stuff, but his actions make us howl. Yesterday I have him on the changing table, and he's very into having one wippee just for himself while he's being changed. Well for the first time yesterday, he takes the wippee and wipes his own penis, which is slightly poopy, and I say, oh what a good boy, helping Mommy wipe, I'm so proud of you! Then he immediately proceeds to bring the wippee up to his nose and go, "Mmmmmmmm!" At which point, I said, No, no, no! Icky icky poo! We don't put dirty wippees on our nose and smell them! So, he pointed to the pointed to his penis, then his nose, then shook his head and handed me the wippee. Just as I'm about to clean off his nose, he turns away and scrunches it up like something smells bad. Gee, ya think?!

mommy111
10-21-2006, 05:36 AM
These stories are so awesome! They've made my morning even though I'm at work!
The other day we were shoe-shopping and I was trying on a few shoes. I turn arond and there is DD, with the strappiest of strappy 2 inch heel size 9 sandals from the store display on her little feet. She struts up and down the store aisle (much more steadily than I would in a heel that high), then stops infront of the mirror and proclaims: Mommy, pretty shoesies, pretty pretty shoesies for me.
Uh, no.

super_grape
10-21-2006, 01:43 PM
I love this thread....so cute!

Yesterday DD was singing nursery rhymes to me and
her version of Baa Baa Black Sheep went like this:
"Blah blah black sheep, how do you do your wool?"

Aso, on the way to the store yesterday there was a noisy truck
next to us so she asked me what the noise was. I told her it
was a big truck, she said "No. It's not. It's the car's tummy.
Maybe the car needs some num nums" (she can say food but insists
on saying num nums instead :) ).

jgiovagn
10-21-2006, 05:00 PM
LOL at this thread!

Here are 3 from DD:

DD: Mommy!
Me: (at my laptop) Just a minute - Mommy's just finishing work
DD: Mommy!
Me: Just a minute:
DD: Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!
Me What IS it?
DD: I have feet

-----------------------------------

DD: What was that noise?
Me: It was Daddy (use your imagination)
DD: Daddy, what was that noise?
H: I stepped on a duck
DD: A duck? Where is it?
H: I put it back outside
DD: Well is it ok?

-----------------------------------

My Grandpa (he's 90) to DD: Do you want some chocolate?
Me: Great Papa, you just gave her some chocolate
Grandpa: She can have some more
Me: Well, we're going to have birthday cake
DD: I have an idea! I can have chocolate AND cake. That would be a good idea!

Honestly, she makes me laugh every day!

Jean

oliviasmomma
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks for starting this cute thread, and I hope that baby comes out soon!! :)

Olivia's new thing...

We ask her "How does the kitty eat?" and she makes exaggerated chewing motions--it is so funny!

She likes to empty out the tupperware cupboard and climb inside.

She covers her teddy bear's eyes with his hands, pulls them away and says "peeka" over and over.

sarahsthreads
10-21-2006, 09:29 PM
OK, I'll play - everyone has such cute stories!

The other day we were in Sears, and we were walking by the jewelry displays. Carrie drops our hands, runs over, puts her little hands and nose on the glass (leaving prints, I'm sure) and exclaims "I love this!" And then she walked a few steps over and did it again, and again. DH and I were laughing so hard we could barely breathe. Where did she pick that up?!?

A couple of nights ago I said, "Carrie, I love you!" And she leaned in real close and said, "Mommy, I love me too!" (I'll just hang on to the belief that she's still mixing up pronouns, OK?)

And after her birthday party today, I asked her what her favorite part was. Was it seeing her friends? No. Was it wearing her new blue dress? No. Was it opening presents? No. "No, Mommy, I like birthday cake!"

I really love this new conversational aspect to our relationship!

Sarah :)

Radosti
10-21-2006, 10:24 PM
OK, we're not talking yet, but DS has started to give me big wet slobbery kisses and when I pick him up from daycare he wraps his arms around my neck and puts his head down. It melts my heart.

We were in Cancun in September and took the Glass bottom boat around a reef. DS was glued to the glass window. Everyone was quietly looking out the windows at the fish and reef. I leaned down and said, "Aaron, say Wow!" He didn't look away from the window, but quietly said and elongated but very clear, "Woooowwww!!!!" in an amazed tone. The entire boat cracked up. I've not been able to get him to do it again.

Judegirl
10-21-2006, 10:27 PM
What a bunch of cuties these kids are! :) Sheila, thanks for starting this!

Rory's big into telling me what everything is NOT lately. When I tried to "chomp" on her last week, she said "No munching Rory! People are NOT yummy!"

Today I tried a different approach and told her I thought she was scrumptious. She modestly replied,

"Oh, I'm not scrumptious. I'm just huggable."

Hee hee hee.

Jude