PDA

View Full Version : Are juice and milk boxes still banned from the carryon?

luvmypeanut
10-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Someone told me only formula is allowed in baby bottles. We're traveling tonight and the carry on is the last thing to pack.

kbudsberg
10-18-2006, 01:26 PM
We just flew last week. Out of Orlando I didn't bring any. They had a table set up to declare your liquids. The TSA guy there told me I could bring juice as long as I was traveling w/a baby or toddler. In fact he encouraged me to bring juice for her. So on my return flight out of Indianapolis I filled my dd sippey w/juice. In Indy the TSA people told me no and made me dump it. So it sounds like there is no consistency. I checked on the TSA's website. It says breast milk and formula is fine along w/other items for a baby. So who knows! I just wouldn't bring it and get it in security or on the plane. My dd had a fit as I was duping her juice! I had a hard time finding a place to dump it. The trash cans were all full and we had already waited through the line. I hate the inconsistancy!

Kim and Emma 1/14/04

luvmypeanut
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
That's what I was worried about. DS is still a toddler but he's big so I'm a little worried they won't let him have his milk, especially for the overnight flight we're taking. I would hate the waste if I had to trash it.

Thanks.

Piglet
10-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Do they not serve juice on the plane? I would bring empty sippies and get them to pour the juice for you. The other option (silly as it seems) is to buy the juice once you get through security. It will cost a fortune and won't be the brand you prefer probably, but it will do in a pinch!?

nupe
10-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Yes, the policies vary widely. I had to go back outside of security and DS and I drank our milk boxes before we were allowed through. I *barely* managed to keep our baby tylenol with us, and diaper creme caused a ruckus too. When we went back through the line the second time, the TSA woman told me she worked part time as a nanny! Nupe

chiqanita
10-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Hope this isn't too late.

We traveled in August during the new rules. We were allowed to bring on the Horizon milk boxes only, no juice containers or water bottles.

I also poured milk into their sippies and milk bottles just in case.