PDA

View Full Version : What age for Disney on Ice?

tny915
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
DH suggested this for a weekend activity and I'm not sure. DD is not familiar with any of the characters except Mickey and Minnie. I'm also surprised at the length of the show - 2 hours! I don't know if DD will be captivated for that long. I'm thinking of it like a movie, and I don't think she's ready for movies yet.

http://disneyonice.disney.go.com/disneyonice/magicaljourney.jsp

How old would you suggest for a show like this?

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't think of it like a movie because the expectation for being really quiet and still isn't the same. Plus, it probably won't be as dark (though if they are doing a piece to a "scarier" song it could be a bit dark). I think at 3 she could get a lot out of it. Going to see performances is always fun. I would bet that the target age is closer to 5+ though. We went to all of those back when I was little (Ice Capades and Disney) and they were lots of fun. :)

Beth

Tracey
10-18-2006, 06:23 PM
My daughter is seven months older than yours. We took her to see Disney on Ice a few weeks ago and she was spellbound. All of the kids were. No running around, screaming, crying....they were all glued. I say go for it.

trentsmom
10-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I was three when my parents took me to see a Disney on Ice show. I still remember parts of it - Mary Poppins and the Bear Jamboree (I think that was the name of the group of bears.)

I hope you have fun at the show!

jadamom
10-19-2006, 12:29 AM
DH took DD when she was 2. She did well until towards the end. It was a little long for her.

Lynnie
10-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I took DS2 just a couple weeks ago, and he is a very active 2.5 year old, who does not like to sit still. He LOVED it, and was also spellbound. He loved the main characters, minnie, mickey, donald, "kayzie" and his favorite, which he would shout when he saw him, goo-feeey. But, he enjoyed the other skits, too, even the ones he was not familiar with. He still talks about doctor (captain) hook from peter pan, and has since asked for the little mermaid movie or book because he saw that.

We did leave with about 10 minutes to go, because he was just starting to get antsy, and I didn't want the experience to head south. I am very glad we took him.

And, if you wanted to familiarize DD with the stories, you could always pick up from the library: peter pan, 101 dalmations, little mermaid, and the last one was lilo and stitch I think, which I am not sure would be a book ??