PDA

View Full Version : what night is your fav tv night of the week?

bcky2
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
mine has to be wed because ghost hunters and lost is on. other then that i dont feel the need to watch tv any other night. i do like to watch house but not like the other shows. dh is into prison break on mondays but i dont watch it with him. so what night do you like?

kristenk
10-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm a huge fan of The Office. Plus, I hate to admit it, DH and I watch Survivor, too. I'm not as interested in it this season as in seasons past, but I can't NOT watch it.

lizajane
10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
my name is earl, the office, gray's anatomy, OH MY! i voted thurs. it has ALWAYS been thurs.

but i do LOVE monday's studio 60 and i got sucked into the batchelor vortex... so monday has been a guilty pleasure!

what i HATE is friday and sat!!! there is NOTHING to watch! ugh! (we don't have cable, just the regular ol' networks for 10 bucks.)

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Tie between Thurs. and Fri. but I'll vote Fri. just to up the "geek" factor. We like all the sci-fi shows that night (Stargates, Battlestar Gallactica). Thurs. we have 'My Name is Earl,' 'The Office' and CSI. Sunday isn't too shabby either with 'The Amazing Race," 'The Simpsons' and football. :) With the exception of "The Amazing Race" all other shows are communal.

Looking forward to "24"! Finally got dh to watch that with me last year.

Beth

daniele_ut
10-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Definitely Thursday. I love Lost, but Thursday has Grey's Anatomy, ER and CSI! We also watch Prison Break on Monday and we watch House and I watch Gilmore Girls on Tuesday.

Piglet
10-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I have no clue - whichever night the PVR has good stuff taped from the previous few days?! DH gave me a present when I was on mat leave - a huge computer in the middle of the family room, but boy has it paid off! I watch TV when I have time, and always have Sesame Street taped for the kids (that's the only way we get dinner on the table, LOL).

mcdonald29
10-18-2006, 04:28 PM
I am actually watching all 3 shows on Thursdays at 8 pm. DH took an evening class so we've been recording "Survivor" and "My Name is Earl/The Office" and I watch "Ugly Betty" so we can watch the others together when he gets home, after "Grey's Anatomy," of course. His class is over now, so we really need to get Tivo or a DVR...

cca
10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Ditto on the thursday night multiple 8 o'clcok tv watching....DVR is the best thing ever invented:)

mainepotato
10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I like Thursdays for Grey's Anatomy and CSI. Last year it was Sunday for Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Big Love!

BaileyBea
10-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I used to love Sunday's but now it's Thurs again and Tues for the Gilmore Girls.

WHat's up w/that show Brothers and Sisters.. talk about the big boring SNOOZE! I just can't stand that show.

Nancy

punkrockmama
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Hmmm, decisions, decisions,lol. I think I have to say Thursdays as that is CSI night for me. The best of the CSIs shows in my opinion and I have a big crush on William Peterson (hello? a so smart it's kinda freaky guy who's older than me?--sign me up!)

I watch other stuff on other nights (PR, Heroes,various specials) but I don't mind tivo'ing those and catching them later. CSI is the only show I *must* watch as it happens.

kep
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
ER. ER!!! I stopped watching regularly a couple of seasons ago, but I'm back in love with it again now that the new season has started.

But I do love Ghosthunters, too. Dh and I are addicted, I think we've seen every episode.

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, due Christmas Eve, 2006

http://lilypie.com/pic/060922/3RHU.jpg[/img]http://bd.lilypie.com/lrIKm4/.png[/img][/url]

wencit
10-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Where's Sunday on your poll? :) The Amazing Race + Desperate Housewives. In my book, TAR counts as +3. Heeheehee! Thursdays are a close second, just because I love Survivor, and it feels so good to watch TV that evening, knowing the next day is a Friday.

scoop22
10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
i didn't vote for a night b/c i watch at least one show a night.
i am a sucker for TV.. monday is prison break and i had no clue the bachelor was back on. then tuesday is House.. one of my favorites.
Wed. the biggest loser. i don't know why but i sit there and eat the whole time thinking i should work out.. oh well. i will someday.
thursday, survivor and ER. i am not into survivor this season either. then there is sunday.. desperate housewives. i love to put ds to bed and watch tv..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

sdoyle
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Oooohhh, I voted and forgot about House. I guess Grey's Anatomy still wins, but if it doesn't lose a little of the drama it will be replaced by House :)

mamalou
10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
The paper bag is securely over my head right now.

We have TiVO so I don't actually watch on Mondays but I record...

Wife Swap (better known as Freak Swap in our house)
Two and a Half Men
Bachelor - Rome
Studio 60

maestramommy
10-18-2006, 08:15 PM
This is a tough one because I have 3 nights that I tape shows:

Tuesday: NCIS
Wednesday: Criminal Minds, CSI New York
Thursday: CSI

Oregonmother
10-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I am bummed too, because it hasn't been on for the last 2 weeks. Why do they do that?

fauve01
10-18-2006, 09:22 PM
your shows might not be on because of Baseball playoffs. i know House and Bones haven't been on because of baseball. (go tigers!!)

Anne

fauve01
10-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Oh Nancy! I totally LOVE Brothers and Sisters. I do have a tendency to get attached to shows that eventually get cancelled though, so maybe you are right, LOL!

for those interested, Brothers and Sisters is a show about 5 grown up siblings and all the drama that goes along with that. Ken Olin (used to be Michael Steadman from thirtysomething, another former favorite show of mine) produces it.

anyway, to each his own!

Anne

fauve01
10-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Sadly, i think i have a show on i like almost every night of the week!! pathetic i know. #1 on my tivo list is Nip/Tuck, and that airs on Tuesday; House is also a Tuesday show. I think next would be Thursday with Grey's Anat and then ER. after that would be monday with Studio 60 and then CSI Miami (aired at the same time). I also love Bones (usually on wed) and i enjoyed the premiere of 30 Rock that premiered last wednesday, so i'm going to try that again. Sunday i am really liking the new Brothers and Sisters. i can't think of anything else off the top of my head. other tivo shows are some of the home and garden shows like House Hunters International and Redesign.

see, i told you i'm pathetic! we do have tivo so i watch when convenient for me-- DH will only watch a couple of these so i watch when he's working or asleep.

Anne + DD 10-03

jadamom
10-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Yes, where is Sunday?? I watch DH and Brothers & Sisters.

Aunt to sweet baby boy
10-19-2006, 12:34 AM
I like 1 or 2 shows on most nights.

Tuesday: Law & Order SVU
Wednesday: Biggest Loser, was project runway, next week top chef
Thursday: Greys Anatomy, ER

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061013/8QJ2.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/xZBrm7/.png[/img][/url]

cmdunn1972
10-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I picked Monday. We watch Prison Break and Studio 60, and we'll watch "24" again when it comes back in January!

ETA: Thursday is a close second, since we LOVE "Earl", "The Office", and GA.

MeAndMyStar
10-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Nobody mentioned Deal or No Deal! That's me & DHs must-see show along with Heroes so I picked Monday. DOND is also on Thursday and Friday, though. DH isn't home on Thursdays, it's his night out or else I may have picked Thurs. because of the Office and My Name Is Earl, but I have to watch those alone and it's just not as much fun.

I just recently got rid of cable because of the expense and because I'm in school and was addicted to way too many shows last year that cut into studying time. :) I feel so old-school with my rabbit ears...I only get NBC and CBS. I watch alot less tv now lol! Also, my cordless phone died so we have a corded phone plugged in right now with no answering machine and no caller ID. It's like we are back in the dark ages at our house right now. :)

-Sarah

writermama
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
I use a Tivo-like DVR, so I pretty much don't even know what day of the week my shows are on. I just watch them when I see them appear in the list of recorded shows ... or whenever i have time.

jesseandgrace
10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I have to admit to liking that show on Fridays with Anne Heche in Alaska.

NatalieM
10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
It's Thursday night in our house. We love My Name is Earl and The Office!! :-)

SammyeGail
10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
So glad there another Stargate and Battlestar Galactica fan!! I like shows on most nights but Friday nights are reserved for SiFi channel : ).

Samantha

mamicka
10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Overall, definitely Thursday with The Office & ER.

Is anyone else watching The Nine? I'm liking it so far, but would like it to speed-up a bit.

Allison

cmdunn1972
10-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I saw the pilot and liked it!

rlu
10-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Sci-fi Friday, definitely. Big Battlestar fan here (if there are any subgroups discussing this show, I'd be interested in joining!) DH and I are also big Stargate fans.

We watch Survivor and CSI, but if we miss it, I just read the internet summaries (Television without Pity usually). I also am reading the summaries for Grey's Anatomy (sp?) since we prefer CSI to GA.

eta: It's hockey/football season...so we're usually watching the games rather than regular tv nowadays.

JBaxter
10-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Thursday!!
Grey's Anatomy and ER.

** my personal addiction is Miami Ink on tuesdays @ 10. I think Ami is HOT ( and Ive never been into tatoo'd guys)

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Ghost Wisperer on Friday is pretty good, and so is Law & Order. Still!

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Ya know, I said Wed, but now I do agree with Thursday. Ugly Betty is so great.

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Ya only get six choices in the poll. One night had to go!

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Oh, no, I'm right there with you. I watch at least one thing every single night of the week other than Saturdays, which is a graveyard of crap. Plus, I tivo Judge Judy every day (yes. I know). Plus there's Days of our Lives, which if Steve & Kayla aren't on, then I breeze thru in 10 minutes, but still. So, what does that mean? It means I need a new Tivo, cuz this one's near death.

kijip
06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
None of the above. I watch TV but on no one's schedule. Thanks to Netflix and iTunes (which I recently discovered for TV shows), TV night is generally a night after a big day at work or whenever a certain group of friends comes over for dinner. I hate waiting till the next week to watch the next episode so I just get whole seasons or several shows at a time. I like How I met your Mother, House, Colbert Report, and Scrubs for light brain popcorn sitcom stuff that is currently still on TV. Some weeks we watch a lot. Other months we watch nothing. :P

gatorsmom
06-13-2007, 10:03 PM
We use a tivo-like VCR and so I don't know which nights these are on but I love, love House and am hooked on Entourage and Big Love on HBO. I like Supernanny too, but always forget to record it.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

JoyNChrist
06-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm in mourning since the series finale of Gilmore Girls. That's the only show I've really loved since I was addicted to Full House in elementary school.

And the last two episodes were horrible, IMO.

Sad face.