PDA

View Full Version : OT - Project Runway ***Spoiler alert!****

Jenn98
10-18-2006, 10:02 PM

I hope that was enough sars!

Well, what do you all think of the winner? I was soooooooooooooooooo hoping he wouldn't win! I liked his clothes, but his attitude through the whole show really rubbed me the wrong way. In my book, personality and character go a long way. I'm so disappointed that Jeffrey won. :(

madelinesmom
10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
YUK-YUK-YUK-YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO SAD...

I really never thought he would win... he was over-budget, he was mean, he was thoughtless of that poor Mom that he insulted for an entire episode...

I was shocked last year when Chloe won and so excited, now I am just shocked. I would have prefered any of the other people to win...

Do you see that I am really sad...;(
Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05
Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

chiqanita
10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
You know I'm not completely disappointed because I thought they were all good designers and they had their unique styles.

Jeffrey did catch my eye early on although I am not the type to wear his designs. I leaned more towards Michael but then he got all 'sexy & sensual' which is not me, either. I was rooting for Uli after that one competition she won...the one where her model was photographed with a street band. Her dresses just looked so 'flowy'.

I agree that Jeffrey was sort of crude and rude for most of the show, he really made me angry when he was rude to that one mom but it just showed how uncomfortable he was designing clothes that weren't 'far out'. Did you notice at the end the show focused on what an underdog he was, so many problems and how he survived a hard life? He was so sweet with his little boy. I think that's when I saw him differently. In the end Laura was made out to be really mean.

It was a good show.

himom
10-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Oh, I'm so irritated! Now I don't want to watch the show anymore.

I liked this show because it didn't seem as loony as normal "fashion" runway shows -- filled with freakish clothes that a normal person would never be caught dead in, modeled by people with hair no normal person would wear on the street, etc. I should've known this was coming when that awful plaid dress won the couture challenge. Now it seems they've swung around to being true to the craziness of fashion -- the weirder the better, who cares if anyone would actually BUY it?

I wasn't a big Uli fan, but I think the best criteria for winning should've been "Will women want to wear this?", which is how Uli's collection was described. I could've made my peace with that because it's true. I would be happy to wear almost all of her clothes.

But Jeffrey! I didn't like anything he's ever designed, and I really didn't like the red and white polka dot thing he had going. Plus, he's always being a jerk and is the only one who went outside the judging criteria (over budget, etc).

I'm really disappointed.

Oh, well. Back to the things that really matter -- my little boy needs a kiss goodnight!

bisous
10-19-2006, 03:57 AM
Oh I am sooo bummed! I really didn't like him either. I don't have TV but asked a friend to record it for me. I don't think I'll be watching though...too depressing!

Jen

pb&j
10-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Sigh, I was sooooo hoping that Michael would pull through and be fabulous. His whole "sexy, sensual" thing was really kind of "slutty" and despite being kind of vulgar, was really pretty bland.

I understand that Jeffrey is innovative, but, ugh, come on? Big green and white stripes? I can see the merit of his collection from a fashion as art perspective, but not at all from a fashion as clothing perspective. And I don't care what kind of hard life he's had, he's still a weenie.

Laura, I liked her stuff but it is kind of stodgy, and not really fresh. When Tim went to visit her, didn't she have a red dress? What happened to it? I truly wanted to see some color(s) from her.

I liked Uli's stuff, but it really wasn't anything I didn't expect. She had 2 dresses that looked way too similar - both in that big striped pattern. And I'm not crazy about the boob-squishing muumuu thing she's got going on.

Ah, well.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

KBecks
10-19-2006, 08:04 AM
I missed the first 9 minutes, so whatever the end of the saga with Jeffrey vs. Laura I missed. Shoot!

I would have liked to see Uli win, espescially given the favorable reaction to her clothes. Also, Jeffrey was over budget and that should have been a strike against him (maybe it was).

I like all of the designers, but I "felt" Jeffrey's clothes the least.

kimbe
10-19-2006, 08:36 AM
I too was bummed about Jeffery! I thought that Uli should have won. Hello -- Heidi said that she would wear all of her outfits. I agree that personality and character go a long way. I found Jeffery too pompus for me.

Such a great show though. Can't wait until the next one!

hudsonam
10-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh my gosh, I was so happy he won! I thought he was rude to the mom, but I really liked him all in all, and I loved his collection. I would have been happy with him or Uli, but I am really glad he won.

I was sad for Michael that his collection didn't cut it. I didn't like that he came out and told the crowd the name of the collection. Seemed a little cheesy to me.

They are all going to have great careers regardless of who won. :)

hudsonam
10-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Oh, Tim came in and said they were confident that Jeffrey made all of his clothes, and he started to cry and Uli hugged him. It was very emotional and everyone was friendly after that.

katiesmommy
10-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I to thought that Uli would have won. Not just because Heidi said that she would wear everything in Uli's collection, but also because they said that people had come up to them after the runway show asking how to get in touch with her. I mean, to me that says something. I was really dissapointed in all but Uli's collections. She was the only one to create something that I might actually wear. I wouldn't have worn anything from anyone else's. Jeff's was well done, but unattractive, he didn't think at all about what a woman would want to wear. I thought that Laura's was pretty, and very well done, but too cocktaily. And I was surprised at how bland Michael's collection was, I though he would have done much better. Plus they successfully crowned the most hated person on the show, IMHO. Which I personally was afraid they would have done last season with Santino. Though I don't think Santino was hated, I just hated his work, he was a funny guy.

mum1day
10-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I am just in love with his clothes and I'm glad he won from a design perspective.

I think his personality was played up for the cameras and exaggerated quite a lot. Editing is an amazing thing!

punkrockmama
10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I LOVE that Jeffery won. Really, as a person he's kinda rough around the edges (to say the least,lol) but I liked the way he was with his little boy and his wife. And I totally thought it was super lame the way Laura tried to sell him out like that. I don't buy that he had outside help. J.'s a pro and he makes his living making clothes for rock stars and other musicians. The guy could probably make a pair of perfect leather pants in his sleep. And he's used to working with deadlines and had that awesome work room with great equipment.

Jeffery's collection was cool but I agree with the judges that that one blue dress was u-g-l-y. It made that model look really dumpy.

Laura, eh. Boring. I agree with what they said. It was perfectly made but not innovative in any way. She'll probably do very well making clothes for her neighbors, rich new yorkers. (that's not me being snarky, I really do think she'll make a killing with that demo and good for her, she's got a lot of mouths to feed,lol :)).

Michael went all hoochie mama. Too bad, if he could have brought it together he prolly would have won. All that shiny stuff was kinda tacky.

Uli, I thought for sure she'd win. I thought it was all so pretty and she didn't just send different versions of the same crazy print dress down the runway. It wasn't mind blowing but deffo something I thought Fern and Micheal would go crazy for. You know Heidi was rootin' for a hometown girl too. :)

And how CUTE was Tim getting all choked up at the end.

I thought it was awesome! LOL. I completely *heart* this show and can't wait for the next season. I adore arm chair quaterbacking Project Runway, it's so much fun even if I can't so much as sew a button on a shirt. :)

Jenn98
10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Okay, I totally don't mean this to sound this way at all, but that's part of the problem with typing instead of speaking face to face. (But I swear I'm not trying to attack anyone!) But just cause Jeffrey was good to his kid and wife can't erase that he was a jerk to so many people. His bad attitude was more than just jerkiness, it was a blatant disrespect for others. He treated others like he was better than they were and that's a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate people who think they are better than others. I don't think it's any great thing that he was good to his wife and kid. I think it says more about who you are when you treat *everyone* you meet with the same respect.

Okay, tangent over. And yes, I do realize that this show was super, duper edited and I do conceded that Jeffrey might be a great guy who was a victim of bad editing. But, he was still a jerk to people with or without the editing, and I have a hard time getting over that. Just my .02

madelinesmom
10-20-2006, 01:00 PM
>Okay, I totally don't mean this to sound this way at all, but
>that's part of the problem with typing instead of speaking
>face to face. (But I swear I'm not trying to attack anyone!)
>But just cause Jeffrey was good to his kid and wife can't
>erase that he was a jerk to so many people. His bad attitude
>was more than just jerkiness, it was a blatant disrespect for
>others. He treated others like he was better than they were
>and that's a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate people who think
>they are better than others. I don't think it's any great
>thing that he was good to his wife and kid. I think it says
>more about who you are when you treat *everyone* you meet with
>the same respect.
>
>Okay, tangent over. And yes, I do realize that this show was
>super, duper edited and I do conceded that Jeffrey might be a
>great guy who was a victim of bad editing. But, he was still a
>jerk to people with or without the editing, and I have a hard
>time getting over that. Just my .02

I am so glad someone else thinks this... I believe the show had been airing when Tim Gunn came to his home to video him with his girlfriend and son... Does anyone think he is going to act like the big old Jackass that he is with a 2 year old??? Maybe he saw what a JackHole (Stole this off The Purple Project) he was acting and decided to tone it down for the cameras...

Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

punkrockmama
10-20-2006, 01:29 PM
>
>Okay, tangent over.

Oh, I wouldn't consider that a tangent. *Maybe* a bit of a rant (lol-j/k), but that's okay, everyone deserves a good rant, haha. :)

Is Jeffery a sweet, sweet, prince? Nope. And it bummed me out because I so wanted to love him from the start as I really like his style and designs but his personality made him ugly to me. But, I don't think anybody's all good or all bad and it was simply nice to see the warm, squishy, cuddly side of J. at home. I was even able to not gag when watching Wendy Pepper with her daughter (and I couldn't stand WP, whatta shrew).

I have to laugh at myself for having such fully formed opinions of people I don't even know. PR sure knows what they're doing with the casting. I get sucked in every season.

By the way, who else loved catching a glimse of Daniel V. at the shows? I think he's so cute. Wonder what he's up to...

I think they should do a "Project Jay" type show with all the winners, and maybe even a few choice others (like Daniel, Santino-don't like him but he makes good tv,etc). I'd watch!

madelinesmom
10-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I loved the Project Jay show, I thought there would be more episodes...Isn't Chloe still in Houston? Although she was one of my favorites and I was shocked that she won, I don't see them coming down here to do a show on her...
Jane
Madeline and Emily's Mom
1/20/03 11/29/05

pittsburghgirl
10-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I wasn't fond of Jeffrey but I did think he deserved to win, he had the most comprehensive collection and even though I would never wear any of it, I can see why they picked it (anyone ever see what comes down the runway at all the other fashion shows - not usually stuff that anyone is really going to wear :) I didn't like his personality but I noticed over the course of the show that he was never rushing at the last minute to finish, and his clothes always looked pretty put together, even though not to my taste. He obviously has strong ideas, goes for them, and is able to put them together well. I'm guessing the editing made his poor behavior look even worse than it really was and the thing with Angela's mom was very unfortunate - I think a lot of people would have a hard time working well with a relative of someone they couldn't stand (not that I excuse his behavior but I didn't really see him being such a jerk to anyone besides Angela throughout the show.)

Laura's was boring although pretty, I could see wearing the dresses even though I don't have those kind of occasions anymore. I thought Uli's was pretty and even though there was more variety it was still just variations on a theme, plus I don't live in the kind of climate where those kinds of dresses are practical! I think she'll have no trouble getting her clothes in stores, especially for resort wear. And poor Michael, he seemed to get worse as the show went on, and really blew it with the collection. I think he should consider designing for men - his travel clothes were awesome.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png