PDA

View Full Version : Funky Weird Stuff Poll: Halloween Edition #1

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:13 AM
I trick or treated till I was a senior in HS, I dressed up to the nines every time, and I loved every minute of it. Not one time did I ever play a trick. Well, the other day, someone attempted to TP a couple houses and failed miserably, but mine was one of the houses with one little line of TP on the roof. Well, that got me thinking, who the heck does something like that to someone else's house? I never considered doing this as a child or older teen, and I don't understand it now, either. So, how 'bout it, anyone else out there wanna ponder their formative years?

punkrockmama
10-21-2006, 12:24 AM
I also trick or treated up until the 11th grade, that was the last time. I remember one time we were extra cold so me and my friends DROVE from street to street. My friends would kinda punk out but I always loved picking a costume and getting tricked out. We were always very nice and never mowed down any kids or anything.

I did not, however, play tricks. Nobody ever did me either. Honestly, we were too busy drinking and getting stoned to bother with tp'ing, or egging, or soaping windows or something. (I was a bad girl back in the day *sigh* not good.)

Fairy
10-21-2006, 12:29 AM
There was one time that my dad and I were walking around the city on Halloween in the '80's and I was maybe 12. Colored harispray was very big back then, and I wanted some, so my dad and I were walking around clueless looking for a store that might have some. Suddenly, a chick walks by with several different colors in her hair, so my dad says, excuse me, where did you get your colored hairspray? The chick says, "that's not hairspray, it's my hair!" And we were really embarrassed. 1) cuz we offended her, 2) cuz we looked kinda dopey, and 3) We obviously were very uncool. Ah, my daddy. Willing to look dopey for me. And now for his grandson! That's a great Halloween memory for me.

punkrockmama
10-21-2006, 12:35 AM
LOL, that is a very cute story.

Tehe, if that had been me I would not have been offended. I'm waiting for when I take my kids and somebody asks "Oh, and what is your mommie supposed to be?" LOL I just know Peyton will be all lady that's not halloween, that's just Thursday.

I remember one year I was the statue of liberty (must have been around 10 or so). Well, I had to go big or go home so that meant keeping my arm holding the flash light up as much as I could. I just remember being so upset that I couldn't hold the right pose all the time. Yeah, I don't fool around with Halloween.

Melanie
10-21-2006, 12:54 AM
We never did it on Hallween, but there was many a time that someone was the recipient of a slumber party TP-ing.

buddyleebaby
10-21-2006, 01:11 AM
I never played a trick, but it was s tradition from early on for me and my siblings and our friends to have a shaving cream fight in my ( very large) backyard. So we pretty much trashed our own house. ; )
We smelled like shaving cream for days.

ribbit1019
10-21-2006, 02:25 AM
Never TP'd myself but our neighbors house was always covered. Their son was the quarterback of the football team so his drunk buddies would always come and TP the house like nuts, so stupid.

The thought did occur to me once, but I would have had to deal with the guilt and it wasn't worth the years of angst. :7

Christy
Wife to Richard
My Waterbabies
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/Yw0w.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/0vphm4.png
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/iBmU.jpg http://bf.lilypie.com/uy3Mm4.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

sdbc
10-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I never did anything..you're polling the wrong demographic, though. In my neighborhood as a kid, it was the junior high aged boys who did the tping and egging and shaving cream. ALL of them went out. Parents even supplied the tp and shaving cream. Dads would stay home on the roof with the garden hose and squirt anyone who came near the house. It was all in good fun in our neighborhood. I don't think anything was damaged, but adults had to do some cleaning up...

elizabethkott
10-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I never did anything bad on Halloween...
Although in college, me and some friendssome friends and I were so dismayed with the lack of Halloween spirit on campus on the actual day (people were planning to dress up for the big party on Friday night) that we got all dressed up, went to CVS, spent a bunch of money on candy, and then busted into the library to reverse Trick or Treat.
There were some very confused but amused library students getting candy from the crazy dressed up theatre and dance major girls that evening, but we had a great time.
On another note, last year was our first Halloween in our home, and we have a family with 5 (count them, 5) boys aged 11 to 17 (I feel bad for that mother every single day). These boys are particularly, shall we say, rambunctious. Like up and down the street at all hours of the morning/night on dirtbikes, skateboards and 4 wheel off-roaders. With no helmets...
But I was so afraid that they would egg the house or worse last year, that we gave out FULL SIZE candy bars.
Hell, I'm not stupid! The cost of full size candy bars greatly outweighs the cost of time and effort of cleaning eggs off the front of the house and car!