PDA

View Full Version : At what age did you DS started to prefer to hang out with DH rather than you

kozachka
10-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I am really flattered that DS wants to spend every waking moment of his day with me but come on... To keep this post from being moved to B!tching forum, I'll spare you the details. I just want to know when DS would want to spend more time with DH than I. It's probably going to be bittersweet, but I'd really like to know.

himom
10-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I can tell you that DS, at almost 4, has not yet relinquished his hold on me. We're "buddies."

I think I'll be sad when he starts to prefer DH too.

lizajane
10-21-2006, 02:59 PM
sorry, apparently it depends on the kid. mine went pretty much straight from nursing to having NO need for me when daddy is around. everytime they cry, the ask for daddy. everytime they wake up, they ask for daddy. every time daddy walks in the door, they trip over themselves to get to him first. they like me ok when he isn't around. but if he is in a one mile radius, i am chopped liver. i'd say this started around a year for them both.

aliceinwonderland
10-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Since he was born :)

JulieL
10-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Close to three, all of asudden he was asking for DH in the middle of the night :0 Ever since he's all about doing what daddy is, and preferring him most of the time. Besides, his dad always comes up will cooler things to do, like fixing the car ;)

g-mama
10-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I could've written Liza's post word for word. Both of my boys. The third - not yet - but it's only a matter of time.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

DDowning
10-21-2006, 09:04 PM
With my DS, it started around 2. Its only gotten worse in the last couple of months. Makes me feel like a real gem to the point I had tears this week. My DH always admonishes DS to be much nicer but like Liza, he's only nice when the big guy isn't around. Truth told it hurts. My daughter is not yet 2 and she still is very much a momma's girl - and I'm relishing every moment because I don't know how much longer it will last.

kozachka
10-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Thank you for sharing your situations with me. It gives me hope. I do enjoy spending time with my little boy and bask in his love but I wish I could go to the bathroom alone, just like DH. Or sleep in on a week-end. The most DH manages to keep DS away from me in the morning is 30 mins (maybe even only 20 mins) until DS is done with his breakfast :(. To get DS and DH to go to the park/playground together without me, I have to walk with them until we are there (yesterday) or almost there (today). I really crave some alone time! Earlier today, I probably sounded really mean, when I told DH to make sure DS does not barge into the bathroom as I wash my hair unless he needs to go potty. DH started with his usual like "what can I do, he really want his mommy" to which I suggested he gets of the couch and plays store with DS, which he did and surprise-surprise DS did not miss me as much. Makes me wonder what the source of being attached to mommy really is.

hez
10-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I dunno, I think it's been a year now, maybe more ;)

Seriously, Payton likes DH pretty darn well, and lots of times more than me. Especially if DH has been traveling a lot, I'm chopped liver when he gets home from a trip.

The (only) nice thing about DH being gone right now is that Payton wants to sleep with me, so neither of us is lonely. I'm worth something right now :)

C99
10-22-2006, 10:07 PM
About 2.5 for Nate. Rose still prefers me, but she is SO excited to see Daddy when he comes home from work and likes to spend time with him. But if she is hurt/tired, she wants me.