PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Carvel for birthday cake

TraciG
10-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Thinking of getting an ice cream cake from carvel, has anyone used Carvel or Baskin Robbins, were you hsppy with it ??

MartiesMom2B
10-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Yum Carvel. The best part is the chocolate crunchy things inside. All we've ever gotten is a plain ice cream cake. It was tasty so I was happy.

-Sonia
Mommy to Martie
& Li'l Girl Bunny to come Feb. 2007
http://bd.lilypie.com/Kchhm4/.png (http://lilypie.com)

g-mama
10-21-2006, 04:05 PM
We've used both and they're both really good, IMO. I'm partial to Baskin Robbins, though, because I worked there in highschool and college and made cakes. I also like that theirs is cake and ice cream versus an ice cream cake, kwim?

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

Tondi G
10-21-2006, 04:17 PM
YES! We've used Baskin Robbins several times! SOOOOO YUMMY! Our favorites would be white cake with cookies and cream or mint chip ice cream! It depends on how many people you have coming but they can get a little pricey!!! It was worth it though. YUM!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

mariza
10-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Yuuummm Carvel :) I was a July baby and my Mom always got these for my B-day! I still love them but haven't had one for a long time; the best part IMO is the whipped topping!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

SnuggleBuggles
10-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Never Carvel but Dairy Queen and BR. I loved BR growing up. Now I am too much of an ingredient snob to order it for our parties...butI'll eat it if we are at someone elses' because it is pretty darn good. :)

Beth

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Carvel's are really yummy, but have you had Coldstone's? They are the best! If you have one in your area I highly recommend it. You can get their predesigned cakes, or create your own. It has cake, filling, and ice cream. Super yummy!

FiveLittleDucks
10-21-2006, 06:25 PM
We had a Carvel ice cream cake once. I thought the chocolate crunchies were the best part, but not of my kids liked them. I'm not sure why, maybe the texture?

I love DQ and BR cakes, too. Mmmmm..

vwh99
10-21-2006, 08:18 PM
When I was growing up, Carvel was a 'must-have' for our birhtday parties. I remember throwing a fit when my dad came home with a Baskin-Robbins cake one year....poor dad! My favorite part was the chocolate crunchies. I'm not sure if it's because I can only find Carvel at the supermarket now, but the overall cake doesn't seem to be as good to me though I wouldn't call it bad.

I got a BR one for my dd last fall 'cause we had to get the giant sheet for her party. It was pretty good...half cake/half ice cream & if I remember correctly, it also had the chocolate crunchies which I loved so much in the Carvel cake. Now I feel bad about throwing that tantrum way back when..........

Val

TraciG
10-21-2006, 09:32 PM
My # 1 choice would be Basking Robbins but I have to see how much $$ they are, I thought it would cost a lot more then Carvel also we would have to probably get BORING chocolate & vanilla ice cream, it's for 3 year olds, not sure they'd like other flavors .

I lOVE the crunchies in ice cream cakes, wonder if you can get extra mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mariza
10-21-2006, 10:51 PM
who doesn't like real cake in my ice cream cake? I like cake warm and moist, the cake inside Baskin Robbins tastes dry to me. Plus it makes my teeth cold :P

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

ett
10-21-2006, 11:11 PM
We ordered a birthday cake for DS from Coldstones and it was the best ice cream cake I've ever tasted! The predesigned ones are pretty pricy but I thought it was totally worth it.

buddyleebaby
10-22-2006, 12:11 AM
My family's traditional birthday cake is fudgie the whale from Carvel.
I'm not sure how that happened, but I can;t remember a birthday I didn;t have it and now it doesn't seem like a birthday if we don't.

For the girls in my family, my mom has them add a sugar rose on the tail. ; )

Aunt to sweet baby boy
10-22-2006, 12:48 AM
We used to only be able to get BR around here but a few months ago a Carvel opened up a mile away and now it is Carvel all the way, no questions about it.

It was my sisters birthday last week so my dad picked up one of their small cakes- chocolate & vanilla, with the delicious crunchies.... i am going to see if there is any left, i hope there is!

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061013/8QJ2.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/xZBrm7/.png[/img][/url]

deannamorrison
10-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Is Carvel located all across the nation?

ett
10-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Here's their store locator.

http://www.carvel.com/locator.asp

fortato
10-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Carvel is good, but I totally agree with the previous poster that recommended the Coldstone cake!

Oh, so tasty.

Kristen

fortato
10-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Alicia-
we used to call my cousin Fudgy the whale... he was a portly little fellow...and rumored to be a high wiper.(if you catch my drift)

Kristen

ctmom
10-23-2006, 07:19 AM
You are not alone!! I can't stand BR or Cold Stone because of the cake part!!! Cake and ice cream should always be seperated, not even served on the same plate... We were recently at a b-day party and the mom was serving cake and ice cream on the same plate and dh actually said "hey what is this a Baskin Robbins cake".

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

katerinasmom
10-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Definitely not the only one - I too don't like the BR or Cold Stone cakes because of the cake part. I like the Carvel cakes because they are pure ice cream.