PDA

View Full Version : Update: DD (and I) missing DH- so sweet

newnana
10-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Last night not so cute. She woke up at 3:30 AM crying. Then inspiration struck and she started yelling for DH. I tried leaving her there, that didn't work. I tried doing a mini version of our bed time routine and putting her back in bed. That worked for about 2 minutes. I tried explaining that DH wasn't home. Finally at 5 I gave up and brought her to bed with me. I'll apologize to DH for that later, he will be appalled at that one. But she and I both got another hour and 15 minutes of sleep out of the deal, so it was worth it. We'll see what happens tonight. Thanks for all your responses!

OP:
Aww, what a cutie pie. She just breaks my heart. DH left yesterday afternoon for a business trip. He's only done this 2 other times since DD was born 17 months ago. DD did such a cute job telling him bye-bye and blowing him kisses. But then....

She kept looking for him. We play this game where we search for things, toes, planes, whatever. I put my hand above my eyes like I'm searching. She puts hers on top of her head, palm up so I know she's looking, too. I started to make dinner and she was walking around like that. When asked what she was looking for, she replied, "DaDa." So sweet. So I picked her up and explained that Daddy's not here and showed her that his car is gone. She then points and says "down" with her other hand still on top of her head. She wants to see if he's downstairs. So we go look and I again explain that Daddy's not home. Still the hand on her head.

We go back upstairs and I get back to supper. She reaches for my hand, and I follow. She walks me to her room, points to her closet, and makes the sign for book. Smart kiddo! Her photo albums are in there and she's been obsessing about looking at the baby lately. I pull one out, open it up and she starts flipping to it and finds a picture of DH. Finally satisfied. All is well.

Bathtime comes and I start getting her undressed. She sees the laundry chute and gets excited. She walks to it, opens it, and screams down "DaDA!!!" This is a game they play where she yells down and he goes to it from the other side and talks back to her.

What a cutie. Of course when DH called to say that he arrived safely, I filled him in on the proceedings and he got all choked up. I love my family!!!! Just had to share.

Anybody else have any cute stories to share? I love the threads where everyone brags on their kiddos, but have rarely made the time to post in one. Please share your "Aw" moments!
Michelle

megs4413
10-23-2006, 12:37 PM
how cute! I hope he's back in a flash!

My DD (18mos.) recently started tryign to make little babies laugh. When she sees them in their pumpkin seats, she walks up to it and shakes her little head back and forth doing "baby talk" and trying to make them smile. It's really cute and good to see, especially since we'll have a little baby at our house soon! I hope she likes him as much as she likes every other baby we meet!

pb&j
10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Awwww, that's so sweet.

DH works from home, and his office is the spare bedroom across the hall from DS's room. DH is often out working with clients in the evenings, and was the other night. I gave DS his bath, then carried him from the bathroom to his bedroom. He whipped his head around to look into DH's office, and when he saw DH wasn't there, he burst into tears. It was so sad, but really sweet at the same time.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

rlu
10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
An "aw" moment that still chokes me up. DH was gone for a week not too long ago. I had MIL stay with me to help with DS and also get her some special time with her grandson. DS was generally fussy, but it was worst when the dog would hear a car door and run to the front door. DS would run after the dog yelling dada and I'd choke up telling him DH wasn't coming home yet. DS would respond "dada home" in a forlorn way and the dog would lie down heavily in front of the door and sigh.

newnana
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Oh how cute!! I'm sure she'll be a great big sis!

newnana
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
This doesn't come across on the keyboard as well, but "ooooh!"

newnana
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Both of them? That's too much!! I bet they were glad when he came home. What sweethearts!

rlu
10-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I think if the dog didn't mope so much, DS wouldn't have been quite so fixated on DH's absence. DH is alpha dog in our pack so the dog is really off when DH is gone overnight - hardly eats, lies in front of the front door, jumps at every cardoor slam, even sleeps midway between the front door and bedroom at night instead of at the foot of our bed like normal. Both were excited to see DH when he came home, the dog jumping up to lick 6'2" DH in the face (dog is 100+ lab mix) and DS's face lighting up with a huge grin and running to DH for a hug.

jgiovagn
10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
{heart melting at your post}

Jean

jgiovagn
10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
{heart melting at your post}

Jean

denna
10-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Awwww! That is so PRECIOUS!!! That story really brings tears to my eyes. I have no cute stories yet, but w/ DH being in the military Im sure I will have some to post someday! Thanks for sharing.

denna
10-24-2006, 03:46 AM
ditto megs! It sounds like she will be a wonderful big sis!

mommyoftwo
10-24-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry you had a rough night. I hope things go better for you tonight.

I don't have any really good stories at the moment, but last night Linnea was on the couch and Amelia came up and tickled her and the two of them laughed and laughed. It was so cool to see them playing together. It makes me excited for the things to come.