PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Duvet Comforters

jennifer1143
10-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I am looking to buy an Ikea down duvet online. Does anyone have one they like? Thanks!

C99
10-23-2006, 03:31 PM
We have three. Are you looking for the duvet comforters or the duvets/quilts themselves?

dules
10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
We just got the cheapest feather one for my DD and so far we love it, though I can't say how it will wash yet. It's nice and thick and warm though. We also got a warm weather one for Summer.

Mary

jennifer1143
10-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm looking for an actual duvet. How do you know what is best polyfill, duck feathers, or goose feathers?

Jennifer

miki
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
I got a set of 2 for DD. It has a lightweight one and a medium weight one. You can snap the two together for the coldest winter temps. I think hers is a mix of feathers and down. I only got it because it was cheap and I wanted to get her a couple of the covers in some cute designs. Their comforters and covers are sized slightly differently than what is available at regular retailers. I just got the IKEA comforter so it would fit the cover well.

If I wasn't set on getting those covers in the designs they had, I would have ordered from The Company Store since they have a lifetime guarantee on a lot of their comforters.

dules
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't really know but would guess it depends on your budget and preference. I wasn't worried about allergies since no one in either of our families is allergic, and I know we love our down and down/feather comforters and pillows.

I also knew I didn't want to spend a ton since these will probably be replaced when DD gets older. I was really tempted by a set at the Company Store that came with a comforter and two pillows, I think it comes in both polyfill and feather/down.

Mary

C99
10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
I am allergic to feathers, so mine are all polyfil. I got the next-cheapest twin size for my son and it'es plenty warm, although he has the hottest room in the house. I also got the $19.99 or $29.99 version for our queen size comforter and I actually now prefer it to my Warm Land's End hypoallergenic duvet.