PDA

View Full Version : I bought a king size headboard and rails/frame off Craigslist and lost $90.

B.A.F.
10-23-2006, 08:25 PM
The headboard is fine (solid wood,antique-y, nice), but it does not fit on the rails that came with it or on the new king sized rails we bought. It must have had slats or some special rails at one point (it's old).

So I called the lady right after her husband left pretty much, to tell her the problem and that we can't make use of the headboard so we would like the money back. She was apologetic and said she'd get a hold of him and get the money back to us...well, long story short, that was yesterday afternoon and now we still have not heard back from her.

Money is tight here, 90 dollars could have been spent on winter clothes for the kids. I'm sick over this.

I have this woman's real name, home phone number, and home address.

What would you do, if anything, if this happened to you?

Lovingliv
10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
oh, this is BAD karma for them! I am hoping that if you contact them again, they will send you back your money.

Hopefully they will be honest people. I am sorry...some people!

chiqanita
10-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Sorry that happened to you.
If it were me I would call again just keep it nice. I would keep trying until she actually says she is not going to return your money. Don't let too much time go by.

katerinasmom
10-24-2006, 12:45 PM
A long shot but if they actually used the bed themselves (as opposed to just being resellers) could you ask if the husband would come back and help you put it toggether. Perhaps there is a part missing that he still has. I know I am being naive and if they didn't respond to you by now they probably won't be too responsive to this kind of inquiry either but I'd give it a shot if you have not already pursued this avenue.

Bethann31
10-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Can you use it without the rails actually attached. That is the thing with antique beds, they often do come with different kind of slats, which many times are not available. We are discovering this as we look for an iron bed for Katherine.

Is there any way you can set up the bed rails, put the headboard at the head of the bed and drill through any available holes in the railing or somehow "jerry rig" it? $90 is a really good price for a nice king size, antique headboard.

Beth
mom to:

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
Katherine 6/03

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamsvi20030604_4_Katherine+Grace+is.png

ellies mom
10-24-2006, 02:49 PM
We did something like this for Ellie's bed. It turned out that the bed was only rated for 150lbs. So we ditched the slats and bought a bed frame that could attach to both a headboard and footboard. We drilled holes and then bolted the frame to the headboard and footboard.It worked great.

KBecks
10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I guess I'd try to work with the seller to see if they'll take the bed back and refund you, or if that doesn't work out, work on "fixing" the bed so it works. I think you could possibly rig up a solution if you are handy or know someone who is who will help.

good luck!