PDA

View Full Version : What to do: Onions are smelling up my house

dules
10-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Are they soft? They should not smell.

Mary

P.S. Are you pg? If so you probably smell everything! LOL.

Fairy
10-24-2006, 09:10 AM
I never put onions anywhere but the bottom drawer of my fridge. Never out in the open. Even there, they don't stink up the fridge. You may have bad onions. Or just very potent ones. I'd try the fridge.

pinkmomagain
10-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks so much. I did go through the bag and there was a "wet" one. I ditched it and I'm bagging the rest in a sealed plastic bag.

BTW, I hope I'm not pg! I have and IUD and my 1 yo (#3) was already our "surprise!"

Gina

psophia17
10-24-2006, 10:19 AM
You're not supposed to keep onions sealed up in plastic - they last longer if they can breathe. Also, even though both potatoes and onions need to be stored in a cool, dry place, they shouldn't be stored together.

Tondi G
10-24-2006, 10:59 AM
put the onions in the fridge! They suggest that if cutting onions makes you cry (make me cry everytime!)... something about them being cold makes them less strong!

~Tondi

pinkmomagain
10-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I bought a bag of onions yesterday and put them in a cupboard (dry dark spot)and now it is smelling up my whole 1st floor. How do you store onions so that they don't smell? I did tie them up in a plastic shopping bag but it's just not doing the trick.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Gina