PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Advise for Vegas

set81616
10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm going to vegas in April for my brother's wedding. We would need a room big enough for DH, myself, mom and DS (@18 months). What hotels are decently priced and give you a SAFE crib to use. Also anyone know of reputable babysitting orgs there?
Thanks,
Shannon

jayali
10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
I stayed at the Venetian a few times (for business) and the rooms are like mini studios. They are much larger then your average hotel room. Am not sure about the cribs, but I would call to see if they offer cribs or pnps. In my experience places that do cribs usually do them from a rental place so they are usually safe and sturdy. I would bring my own sheet.

Can't help with the babysitting service but when you call about the crib, see if they can suggest a service that you can contact way ahead of time.

Have fun.

Tondi G
10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I would look for a suites hotel. Venetian, The Orleans, The Rio (the orleans and the rio are off strip)!

We usually stay at the Luxor and stay in their tower rooms. You can get two adjoining rooms for close to the same price as a suite at the Venetian I would think. They have a decent pool and their kids attraction level was great when DS wanted to roam around and couldn't touch the slot machine that were calling his name! LOL They have indoor walkways and other hotels with more entertainment for kiddos (new york new york, MGM, Excalibur, Mandalay Bay etc.). We've stayed in other hotels in Vegas and alwaye come back to the Luxor. They have always been accomodating (even moved us to another room at 10pm when we could hear beeping from the trucks doing construction across the street). I don't know about a crib cause we just brought along our own pack n play.

www.tripadvisor.com is always a good place to get reviews on hotels!

HTH's you! Oh and I have some family in Las Vegas I will ask them if they know of any babystitters.... probably not cause none of them have babies yet!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

Momof3Labs
10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
We really like Bally's - great location on the strip, reasonably priced, large rooms (for Vegas). They have enormous two-bedroom suites that are available, too; DH and I stayed in one last December and hardly set foot in half of it, it was so big! IMO, it's one of the best kept secrets in Vegas if you are travelling on a budget. Sadly, I can't answer the crib question as we've never taken a baby to Vegas, primarily because of the smoke everywhere.

teddy
10-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Oooh, I just got back Monday from my sister's Vegas wedding at Mandalay Bay. My brother, my preschooler, my toddler (22 mos), and I stayed at the Luxor. We had a king bed that I slept in with my kids and my brother had a roll away cot. The room felt not too crowded. But since you're having 3 adults in there, maybe you might feel more comfy with a suite. My sister had a room 2 doors down with 2 queen beds. That might give you more room. We tried to get adjoining rooms but it didn't work out (not the Luxor's fault, our own). If you could get adjoining rooms, you'd be better off since the baby could sleep in one room while you were getting dressed in the other room.

Don't know about cribs or babysitting, though. Is Vegas listed on sittercity.org? I think that's the address.

ged
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM
We stayed at the Venetian and they provided a crib with linens. I can't remember all the details, but I am pretty sure everything was great.

set81616
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the advise.
Shannon