PDA

View Full Version : What food for a 10AM bday party???

babymama
10-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I was hoping to serve pizza for the easy clean-up and easy serving factor, but we've settled on 10AM as the party time for my DS (turning 3 next month). So what food do you serve at a 10AM party?

It's between meals so DH thinks we can get away with serving just snacks and cake, but I think we should serve something more substantial.

What do you think?

Lydia
Mama to 2 sweet babies

Oh what fun it is to potty train & BF at the same time!

ctmom
10-26-2006, 10:31 AM
bagels, cream cheese, lox, munchkin donuts, fruit, coffee, juice...

HTH!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

deenass
10-26-2006, 10:31 AM
If the party is from 10 - 11:30, I think you can easily serve pizza at 11 am , that's not too early for 3 year olds to eat lunch. I did that last year for DS 3rd.

That being said, I have had a party (DS 2nd) and been to plenty of parties in that time frame where they just serve cake and snacks. It's nice if there is fruit in addition to cake.

squimp
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Mini-quiches are a good breakfast-y thing that's not messy. I like the cream cheese and bagel idea, maybe fruit salad too?

wencit
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
My immediate thought was brunch, too. You could also pick up some muffins from Costco to add to your menu. Quick and easy.

millerpjm
10-26-2006, 11:17 AM
If the party is for kids, I think just fruit, snacks, and cake are fine. If there are going to be adults also (like a family gathering) then I would do a fruit tray and bagels with flavored cream cheeses and maybe some gourmet coffee...

Oh, I had another thought while typing. How about a Fruit Pizza! Try this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fruit-pizza-ii/detail.aspx

Jen