PDA

View Full Version : What do I wear to the wedding and reception??

KrisM
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
You might remember me asking about a Halloween costume for a wedding. Well, the wedding is this weekend and I have a flamenco dancer costume. Anyhow, I'm looking at the invitation. It is all on one page and says:

names
Invite you to join them, etc.
at the Holiday Inn...

Adult Reception to follow
Recommended attire - Halloween costume

Okay - the wedding and reception are at the HOldiay Inn. The costume info is after the reception part. Do I change clothes between the wedding and reception??

teddy
10-26-2006, 01:29 PM
I take it the ceremony is at the Holiday Inn. If it were in a church, I'd say no costume.

Is there someone close to the bride you can call to check with? Like one of the bridesmaids? To me, the wording seems to be the costume is only for the reception. No one would fault you for being dressed appropriately (e.g. no costume) for a wedding ceremony. The fun is at the reception, right?!?

kelly ann
10-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I would think you are to wear the costume to the wedding ceremony. When someone writes "black tie only", they mean for the entire wedding. I can't imagine everyone changing into a costume in the Holiday Inn bathroom right after the ceremony :)

I can't wait to hear about this wedding...like what kind of food are they serving. Does it follow the Halloween theme as well?

Have a great time!

juliasmom05
10-26-2006, 01:38 PM
I would probably wear the costume to both the wedding and the reception. I can't imagine everyone changing after the ceremony unless everyone who was going to the wedding was also staying at the Holiday Inn.

Sounds like a fun wedding :-).

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

kristenk
10-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I think that the attire comment applies to the whole thing, but I'd try to doublecheck with the wedding party to make sure.

writermama
10-26-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd call and ask someone in the wedding party.

It looks like one of those things where they could mean one or the other. It might mean costume for reception only, but it might just be that's where the line would fit on the invite.

Globetrotter
10-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I can't imagine they would have you change! That would be a logistical nightmare :)

Kris