PDA

View Full Version : I think maybe my kid watches too much TV

mamato1
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
We were at Lowe's and accidentally grabbed a cart that was broken. When we went back to the cart corral to trade for another one, Brendan looked really sad. I asked him what was wrong and in all sincerity he said, "How are we going to fix the cart without any mousketools?" I wasn't able to reply right away because I was trying hard not to laugh, and then he says, "Maybe Handy Manny can come." Man, I'm telling you, if that is not a sign we need to cut back on the Disney Channel, I don't know what is!

Chris

Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

chiqanita
10-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Love it! He sure has been paying attention. We watch the same two shows in the morning....every morning. I was surprised that they were interested in it and I couldn't tell you how we discovered them but we did and they do. They only pay attention when there's singing otherwise they leave the room until the music plays.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We watch too much these days....in the mornings mostly. In the afternoon the tv stays off unless I pop in a Veggie, Einstein or Signing Times so I can get dinner made.

DebbieJ
10-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Just think of how I felt at the zoo when my son saw the polar bear sleeping with his paws facing up and he yelled "A clue, a clue!"

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

ErinMC
10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
NAK - that is hysterical! Even funnier since I know the shows too!
Erin

Mom to Chase 2/2004 and Logan 5/2006

Jen841
10-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I so understand! We were the 3 people (Me, J 3yr old and E 1) on US Airways flights that had to PAT PAT PAT to get the plane to go up in the air like Rocket. We have to 'click' the carseat like they do on Rocket too every time we get in the car.

g-mama
10-26-2006, 08:23 PM
That is hilarious. I love it.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

Dee150
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Thats so funny! Thanks for sharing!

jamsmu
10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
LOL DS has only watched Handy Manny once, but for even the slightest problem (like "my untied shoelace!!") he resorts to calling Handy Manny. Hey, what about asking Mommy and Daddy for help?!

And I love the Mousekatools line. That's another show that we've barely watched, yet we all shout out "ohhhh tooodles!" when we're searching for something.

jamsmu
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
LOL we pat all the time, too!

NatalieM
10-27-2006, 10:52 AM
DD LOVES Little Einsteins! At her 18 month well check her ped asks what words is she saying. I responded with mama, dada, outside, night-night you know the typical first words and I said "oh, yea and pat, pat, pat!" :-)

Puddy73
10-27-2006, 11:08 AM
LOL! DD calls for Handy Manny when something needs to be fixed, too. I must admit that I've caught myself watching this show with her because I'm so intrigued by the obvious attaction between Manny and Kelly. I NEED to get out more!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

MarisaSF
10-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Glad there's a club for this particular complaint.

DD gets stuck in "the mucky mud" about 5 times a day. I always have to look "in her backpack" for a rope and pretend to pull her out.

lizajane
10-27-2006, 12:33 PM
this morning, i was trying to come up with the words to the Diego song, that schuyler sings CONSTANTLY, and when i got toward the end DYLAN started yelling, GO GO GO!!! (go, diego, go!)

nice. he isn't even 2 and doesn't even watch tv. dylan, that is. schuyler does watch TV. and gets diego from the computer, as we don't have cable.

mamato1
10-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks mamas for the good laughs and making me see that I am not the only out there who has a little TV addict!

Chris

Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png