PDA

View Full Version : Are you in the lounge cuz you're not gettin' play on other forums?

Fairy
10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm inspired by nicciq's post about her pumpkin baking question to ask this one. I often try to go to the "right" forum, pre- and post-consolidation, and I get no reply at all. The maternity and younger baby subject forums are no problem, but most things toddler or older baby related that has a specific forum seems not to be very well-attended. I posted a potty question, it got moved to the potty forum, and I got only two replies in two weeks. So, what do I do? I default here to the Lounge. Of the stuff I peruse, bitching post stuff seems to be the only one with regular traffic.

So, I get frustrated because I know that I need to be in the right forum, but then folks don't really travel in those forums, so then I come back here, get a few replies, and then get moved back to the right forum and am back where I started. I'm not annoyed with the mods, that's their job, and I'm not in the right forum. But I *am* frustrated. Oh, and might I add ... I am one of the folks that, indeed, DON'T travel anywhere regularly but the lounge and bitch. So, I'm part of the issue, too! Still, here we are. Does anyone else feel the same way?

-- Fairy

ps -- I'll betcha they move this to the bitching post! Bwaahaahaa

chiqanita
10-27-2006, 02:28 PM
I've gone to the toddler forums for info but as you discovered, there isn't much traffic. When I do post there I usually wait a few days then come to the lounge and cross post. I haven't been bumped back yet and I think that's because I explain why I've posted out of forum.

So, now that my twins are toddlers should I be posting over there from now on? I don't want to be alone over there...it's scary! }( :P :o }( :P :o

mamato1
10-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Yep, my preschool post got moved to the toddle board which gets even less traffic than the newer forums here. I think part of my problem is that I am devoted to the baby bargain forum even though my baby is not so baby anymore. The toddler forum just doesn't have the same feel,so I stay here.

Chris

Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

bubbaray
10-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

niccig
10-27-2006, 04:03 PM
I posted in the lounge as I needed an answer quickly and I didn't think I would get it as quickly in the Cooking forum. MIL was due in a couple of hours and I needed to figure out what to do for dinner so I could get ingredients at the store. If I had more time I would have put in the right forum.
Nicci

Oh, by the way, she loved the baked pumpkin stuffed with wild rice.

trumansmom
10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
>ps -- I'll betcha they move this to the bitching post!
>Bwaahaahaa

Don't tempt us. ;)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

Fairy
10-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh, absolutely, I get it. But your post did remind me that I often post to the "wrong" forum of the Lounge ... on purpose. I wasn't trying to say you were doing it for the same reason or even that the topic was wrong to be here at all. It was just like a hop in my head that inspired me for this related but not the same topic. Very sorry if I came across badly, totally not itnentional!

-- Fairy