PDA

View Full Version : Am I nuts? Where'd this three-year-old Halloween thread come from?

Fairy
10-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying this is a dumb thread. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who noticed it in my thread list just about 20 minutes ago or am I insane? I replied to it, then I noticed, hello, it's three years old! Where the heck did this come from? Is someone playing a trick a day early?! If so, oooh, ya got me!

elliput
10-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Someone probably did a search and replied. It happens. ;-)

Great minds think alike, BTW, we are handing out *good* candy and play-doh this year also. :-)

karolyp
10-30-2006, 12:38 PM
>Someone probably did a search and replied. It happens. ;-)
>

But to be honest, I find it annoying. Come'on, it's a few years old. If it's a topic thats wanted to be re-hashed surely a new thread can be started, right?

I dunno, maybe I'm just being grouchy!

elliput
10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
LOL! I agree with you.

casey118
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM
This happened a week or so ago with a digital camera thread as well. I was reading it and realized that the camera a post recommended isn't made anymore, so I checked the date. I thought it was funny because the other posters replying clearly didn't see the date. Anyway, I figured either someone did a search and replied without looking at the date, so ordered the list by older dates first so it looked recent. Funny.

trumansmom
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Another possibility (and I haven't checked either thread, so I don't know if it was the case in those specific threads), is that someone went back to delete information, pictures, etc. It happens.

:)

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

kijip
10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I read that with a sense of "haven't I read this before?!" and then noticed the date. I also thought, "wow, a contraversial topic is up in the lounge, that is a change form recent events" LOL. Actually, that is what triggered me to look at the date, because it seemed sureal.

oliviasmomma
10-30-2006, 03:13 PM
This is really funny--I replied to it and didn't notice the date. I actually thought to myself "how did I miss this thread--I'm on almost every day", LOL.

kep
10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
>I actually thought to myself "how did I miss this
>thread--I'm on almost every day", LOL.

Hee-hee! Me, too! :)

I don't mind older threads being brought up, but I just cringe when they were already controversial to begin with. What good can come of this?

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, due Christmas Eve, 2006

http://lilypie.com/pic/060922/3RHU.jpg[/img]http://bd.lilypie.com/lrIKm4/.png[/img][/url]

elizabethkott
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
I noticed it when I was about 3/4 of the way through reading it... weird!
But we'll be giving out "bad" candy this year (ie. FULL SIZE CANDY BARS). Partially because I want the excuse to be bad myself ("the baby wants candy!") and partially to stave off the tricksters down the block - nothing's worse than a house of 5 boys, aged 12-18 and ALL their friends egging or tp-ing your house!
I consider it like dealing with the Mafia. Granted, a miniature, moped riding mafia, but hey - a girl's gotta do...
:)

denna
11-01-2006, 04:29 AM
When I was a new poster, I replied to some older threads (that someone had posted links too) and I didnt even realize that they were SO old, maybe thats a possibility...