PDA

View Full Version : time change nap question

lizajane
10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
if you 1.5 year old passed out in the car at 11:30am because he usually has a nap at 12:30 or 1pm, but he only slept about 45 min (and his nap is usually 2-3 hours) do you try to put him down for a second nap? and if so, what time?

in other words, if two trains leave their stations at...

and wanna know why his nap was 45 min, because his BROTHER had to "check on him" IMMEDIATELY after his mother told him NOT TO GO NEAR HIM!!!!!!! argh!!!!!!

clc053103
10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
LOL!!! My 15 month old passed out in the car at 11:30 b/c he usually npas around 12:30 too! Luckily I was close to home so it was 10 minutes or less. I fed him lunch and put him back down at "normal" time.

This time change is a PITA!!!

What the heck- try to put him down again around 2, just for fun- even for a 30 minute nap, it would probably prevent one crab tonight!

clc053103
10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
LOL!!! My 15 month old passed out in the car at 11:30 b/c he usually npas around 12:30 too! Luckily I was close to home so it was 10 minutes or less. I fed him lunch and put him back down at "normal" time.

This time change is a PITA!!!

What the heck- try to put him down again around 2, just for fun- even for a 30 minute nap, it would probably prevent one crab tonight!

nfowife
10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
If it was my DD, I'd keep her up and put her to bed a bit early. But that's because I know she wouldn't be tired enough for another nap until it was too late in the day.

maestramommy
10-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah, if Dora fell asleep a couple hours before her usual naptime (like today!), I would definitely put her down again. So her nap is usually between 12:30 - 1. She went down at 10:45. I think I'll put her down again at 3, if she lasts that long. I think this time change has screwed up her a little.

jenjenfirenjen
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
I think it depends on how early he goes to bed. If Dylan goes to bed closer to 6, I'd just try to keep him up and put him to bed maybe a bit early. I hate DST and wish they would just do away with it. It totally screws things up for moms!

lizajane
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
argh! it didn't work. i tried putting him down at 2. he was not pleased. he goes to bed at 7pm, but we tried to keep them up a little late so they wouldn't be up at 5am... um, not so much. they were both up this morning before the crack of dawn. so 6:30pm tonight it is! they may even be asleep before DH gets home. that would be a welcomed surprise for an exhausted DH...

kayte
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I never thought about this until yesterday...adn then I went ...DUH... how does this work??? I tried keeping her up 5-10 minutes extra yesterday and today at naps and at bedtime. I was ging to try and change her a few minutes at a time. If I wait too long she is one for skipping the nap all together....

I am just giggling at myself that I never considered that she would not be as excited as us for some extra sleep...lol!

chiqanita
10-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I would put him down again.

Prior to the time change we were napping at noon for about an hour to 2 hours. We have regular therapy sessions 2 days a week and I find they fall asleep on the way home...at about 10am. Instead of trying to put them down at noon I fee them lunch then we play a little and I put them down about 1:30 which works out well.

Today they fell asleep at 11am for about 2 hours. Yeah!