PDA

View Full Version : Idea for showing kids' artwork

neeter
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
I've been toying with the idea of creating one of those big posters with a compilation of a child's artwork on there (one per year). But I was always wondering practically speaking where I'd put them all...especially after 5 years or so, will I have to find space for 5 different posters...? Plus getting these posters made wasn't cheap!

Today it hit me that I could scan one piece of DS artwork per month from the past year, and do a calendar for 2007! So I went and gathered the "best" artwork from each month, and I'm currently scanning it in. I'll just have to upload to Costo.com and have a calendar made for 2007! (I will have to wait for Nov and Dec though...!!) I think it would be fun to see exactly what my son was working on a year ago.

Anyway, I'm just excited about this idea, and wanted to pass it along. It would also make great gifts for grandparents!

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Good idea!

Additionally, I just got a Lands' End catalog yesterday and they said you could send in some of your child's artwork and they could put it on a bag. It was very cute! This is the link with prices and instructions:
http://landsend.com/cd/landing/0,,newCoidInd=y:storeNum=1:navColor=1:tabs1Sel=n:t abs2Sel=n:tabs2StructNum=70699:midNavDisp=n,00.htm l?cm_re=1*sub*all&sid=0649150422034124940

Beth

buddyleebaby
11-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Since we're sharing, I read somewhere the suggestion of laminating some pieces to use as placemats for dinner. i thought that was a cute idea.