PDA

View Full Version : Hostess gift?

JFC
11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
ETD: Sorry to bump it back up, but DH wanted me to delete it and it is easier to do it and have a happy day than not... ;-)

Thanks for the responses...I love knowing that you all are there to share your opinions and experiences! ;-)

lizajane
11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
i love it. i don't think i would wrap it- just add a decorative little ribbon to the lid. but i like that it goes with the theme. if it were me, i would be delighted to receive it.

JFC
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Thank you Liza! I needed a boost of confidence on that one... I owe you one! ;-)

DebbieJ
11-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Sounds good to me! Just don't be offended if they don't open it and serve it that night. They probably already have the menu set.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

katerinasmom
11-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a perfect thing to bring. It shows you really thought about the hostess and is different from the standard bottle of wine (or at least the standard where I live). I would really appreciate it if I were the host.
And I agree with another poster that you shouldn't be surprised or offended if she doesn't serve it. In some cultures it would be rude to serve what your guests bring you. It is like saying you wouldn't want to share with your guests what you have.