PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting tree sap out of fleece?

pinkmomagain
11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Any ideas? My dd got tree sap on her new Northface fleece -- the new furry ones that are out. I ran it through the washing machine but it is still caked on there and I'm just not sure what to put on it to get it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Gina
dd 9/96
dd 5/99
dd 10/05

caleymama
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
My DD stuck a sticker on an LL Bean fleece jacket she had and it remained there fore a few days before we tried to peel it off. It wouldn't budge. Same as you, I ran it through the washing machine and it still didn't come off. I finally tried some Goo Gone spray and it took it right off. It looked good as new after going through the washer again. Wanted to add that Goo Gone spray also removed a sticker that had been stuck to one of our area rugs for months. Boy was I glad to have that little smiley face gone finally! Nothing else I had tried worked.

HTH!

shilo
11-06-2006, 04:13 PM
great minds think alike. i was going to say, if you've tried everything else, and are willing to take a little risk of it possibly changing the nap or color of the fleece, try goo gone. i've done this with old polar fleece jackets after our annual christmas tree cutting several times now with good success. it did 0 damage to my coat (an old north face windstopper fleece), but did leave a very small 'thumbprint' kind of texture change on my DH's coat (an old columbia). i don't think most people would even notice it, but since i know that's where the sap was and where i used the goo gone, i know it's there.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

pinkmomagain
11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks so much to both of you for replying. I will definitely try it!

Gina