PDA

View Full Version : Different baby habits/traits - different toddlers?

KrisM
11-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Today I was thinking about how different DD is from DS at this age.

DS: took 45 min. to nurse for 3 months and never got faster than about 15.
DD: took about 20 min. to start and is down to 10 already.

DS: never moved when he slept until 9 months.
DD: moves all over the place

That got me noticing that DS is still a slow eater - a good 30 minutes for dinner. And, he's in a twin bed now and we've never used rails as he still doesn't move when he sleeps. Will DD inhale her food? Will she have bed rails until age 5? I can't wait to find out!

Have you guys noticed things like this as yours have gotten older?

chiqanita
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I have 2 yo twin sons. Different to say the least. From day one DSb has been very pensive and laid back. DSa has always craved interaction and is basically a little firecracker. They both enjoy a lot of the same things but have distinct temperaments, personalities, likes and dislikes. My twins' group likes to call it 'sugar & spice'...that's exactly what they are for us.

Today they are pretty much the same. One moves around in his sleep, usually ends up on the floor. The other cuddles up in one spot and stays there most of the night. These two little fellas were conceived at the same time, born at the same time (3 minutes apart only because you can't pull 2 babies out of a woman at one time), and have been exposed to everything in life at the same time. But, they couldn't be any more different. DSb has eczema and allergies. DSa does not.

They are truly amazing and everyday brings a new surprise from each. Thanks for bringing this up, made me think about how very precious and special each of my sons is to me.