PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Hanging Fabric Wall Hangings

annasmom
11-20-2006, 08:51 AM
When my dh was in India last he bought some really beautiful silk wall hangings. The problem is, I have no idea how to hang them. They have a string attached at the top like a banner, but I don't want to simply hammer a nail into the wall and hang them. Does anyone have any ideas? Do they make decorative hooks or tacks for hanging things like these?? TIA!

elliput
11-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Check at your local Lowes or Home Depot. I have seen decorative hooks both places. Also if you don't want to put a nail in the wall, 3M has decorative metal hooks that attach using their "Command" system. Super easy to install and also easy to remove with no mark or hole.

HTH!

annasmom
11-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks Erica!! I will check it out.

Globetrotter
11-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I went through this last year!

How big is it? The best option would be to sew one side over (so there's a place to insert a rod) and put it on a decorative rod or even a curtain rod! If it's not a picture but a nice, LARGE piece of fabric, you could drape it over a rod.

I have used quilt hangers (clips) for this purpose, too, and it looks quite nice that way. If it's a small picture, you can frame it.

Kris