PDA

View Full Version : Advent Calendars - Logistics for more than one child

neeter
11-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi there - I'm thinking of logistics for the Advent calendar that I have. Currently have the Garnet Hill one, and we use this for DS. Our #2 is on the way...

For those families with 2+ kids, do you have one calendar, and the kids take turns on different days?

I was planning to do this, but wanted to see if other families do it differently. Garnet Hill is still offering the same calender, so I can always get another one this year for #2 if logistically its easier for everyone to have their own (unless each kid should get a separate design). TIA!

traciann
11-20-2006, 09:34 AM
I have the PBK calendar from this year, and the pockets are big enough to fit 2 small toys, etc when #2 is here. As it is I plan on doing "experiences" more, so a piece of paper isn't going to take up much room anyway.

Momof3Labs
11-20-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't have an advent calendar yet, but do have two kids. I plan to let them take turns. Or, if I end up with a calendar that fits two surprises in one pocket/drawer, I'll do that. No plans to have two advent calendars here!

ellies mom
11-20-2006, 11:37 AM
There were three of us growing up. Our advent calender was a tree with a bunch of ornaments. We each took turns, saving the star for Christmas Eve. We rotated each year so that everyone got a chance to put the star up. I know my parents decided that we would have to take turns but we figured out the rest.

shilo
11-20-2006, 02:59 PM
we did odds and evens. i was always odd dates (the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc) and my sister was evens. it worked well, and was always my parents solution for anything we needed to take turns at - picking the music out for the tape recorder before we went to bed at night, picking out the bedtime story(s), etc. as we got older, it became who cleared the table and who helped with dishes :P. but it all started with the advent calendar :).

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

neeter
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks -- I'm glad I can stick to my original plan of one calendar. And I love the odds and evens concept!!! Thanks!!!