PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have ideas for my Grandpa's 90th birthday??

jgiovagn
11-22-2006, 03:21 PM
My Grandpa will be turining 90 on XMas day. We have no idea what to get him for his birthday this year. He's not comfortable with big crowds, so a large celebration is out of the question.

Typically, we celebrate Christmas in the morning, then have a special dinner / gifts in the evening for his birthday. We would really like to do something special for him this year, but I'm at a loss for ideas.

He is a HUGE Chicago Cubs fan - watches every game on TV, raised in that area, and moved here to be closer with us when his girlfriend got Alzheimers (sp?) four years ago and no longer rememebered him. He is also into fitness (!) and when it's nice out, walks 2 miles / day.

I was thinking about doing a special family tree type project, but family on that side is pretty limited. My father was an only child and there is just my brother and me and my daughter. Plus, with my husband and I separated, that's kind of a sticky situation, tree-wise.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I really want to honor him on this milestone birthday!

Much appreciated!!
Jean