PDA

View Full Version : Make next year's T-giving a little easier

trentsmom
11-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Last year, my mom typed up a Word document with the entire Thanksgiving meal - what was served, the recipe, when it was made, what serving dish it was served in. I thought she was a little goofy for doing it, but it came in so handy this year. She is recovering from surgery, so I had to do the bulk of the cooking. It made it really easy to step in and take over. She just printed everything out for me. So we're going to update the list with this year's menu & recipes. And I'm going to make sure my "specialties" are in that document so I don't have to go searching for the recipe cards!

Corie
11-25-2006, 08:47 PM
That is a great idea!!

I'll take a copy of your Thanksgiving word document!!! :)

DebbieJ
11-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I hosted last year and kept my lists with the intention of putting them in Word. I still have the lists, so I could still do it.

We went to my aunt's this year, so I didn't need them.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

SnuggleBuggles
11-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Ooh, that is a good idea. I still have my notes in a notebook. The notes have the menu, where recipes are located and then my prep/ cooking timetable (what I could make ahead of time, when things needed to go in the oven...). I didn't wind up hosting it this year but I should put something together like your mom did. Thanks for the idea.

Beth

ltmommy
11-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I did this too, sort of. I didn't get all fancy with Word, but I did write out the menu and an evaluation of what we had too much or too little of. I also did this last year, when we had 20 people for dinner. This year I didn't start planning until the Saturday before, but it was no problem since I knew exactly what I needed to make (or ask people to make). This year we "only" had 15 people, so I modified everything and it worked really, really well (well, except for the sweet potatoes that DH insisted on buying from a neighborhood restaurant that turned out to be way soupy, but that's another story... although I did note for next year to check them ahead of time!!!).

heidiann
11-27-2006, 09:09 PM
If you don't mind sharing I would like a copy also.

Heidi
Mom to J

trentsmom
11-27-2006, 11:21 PM
OK, I'll share! I'll have my mom e-mail it to me, and I'll add my recipes. PM or e-mail me your e-mail addresses.

trentsmom
11-27-2006, 11:21 PM
OK, I'll share! I'll have my mom e-mail it to me, and I'll add my recipes. PM or e-mail me your e-mail addresses.