PDA

View Full Version : ISO Bicycle with training wheels for 3.5 y.o. boy

ChefGirl
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM
My husband and I have been looking at the 16" Schwinn bike from TRU, and another from REI, and others from Academy and some bike shop. Does anyone know anything aobut the TRU's Schwinn? Do you think it'll be too heavy for my son? I just don't want to over-kill on the bike.

Thanks in advance.

schums
11-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Schwinn used to be a GREAT line of affordable bikes, especially for kids, that lasted forever. However, years ago they went out of business and the name was purchased by Huffy, who makes way less than stellar bikes. We looked at the Schwinn at TRU, and DS could hardly pedal them, even with the wheels filled up. The gearing was that bad. We went to a local bike store and paid about $20 more (free assembly by a TRAINED individual) and got a 16" Giant for DS (http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/kids/599/27754/). What a great bike!! He flies around the neighborhood. It is sooooo easy for him to pedal and stear. Also, it has a height adjustable seat and handlebars, so he'll be able to use for several years to come. I highly recommend this bike!

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)