PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend party food / hor'dourves from Costco

JMS
12-01-2006, 08:08 PM
We're having a 1st birthday party (family only) for DS on Sunday and I have a group of picky, plain-food eating inlaws coming to my home to celebrate.
There is a local deli near my house that makes the BEST hoagies, so we'll getting a large hoagie tray. I also picked up a meat lasanga from Costco and a box of frozen pigs in blankets. I have to go back to Costco tomorrow and would like to pick up one or two more things.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have dessert covered and I'm probably making a large tossed salad. I just feel like I need one or two more items.

Mommy_Again
12-01-2006, 08:31 PM
they have those mini quiches that are good easy hors douerves

happy2bamom
12-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I second the mini quiches. There popcorn chicken is really good too, not exactly an appetizer but it is a kid-pleaser.

tylersmama
12-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I third the mini quiches, they're yummy!

Also, for a really easy appetizer, pick up their roasted raspberry chipotle sauce. Pour it over cream cheese and serve with triscuits or other crackers. So easy, and really good. Last time I was there, they were sampling it, and it totally hooked me!

randomkid
12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
We like the Tequila Lime wings (frozen). Come in a huge bag and I THINK they are from Tyson.

MamaMolly
12-01-2006, 10:26 PM
And as the voice for the sweet tooth folks out there, I'd suggest the mini cream puffs. Yummers!

Molly

urquie
12-02-2006, 03:39 AM
sweet and sour meatballs using frozen costco meatballs and only two more ingredients.

you can heat these in a crock pot, stovetop, or microwave. it's nice to serve in a crock pot or something that will keep them warm.

here is a link and some text from a prevous post with the "recipe."

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=153761&mesg_id=153761&listing_type=search#153945

We have this "official potluck" food in my family, that is super easy to prepare. It sounds wierd but people love it. It's more of a ratio than a recipe You take about 10oz (1 jar)of chili sauce to about 15 oz (closest jar to that) of grape jelly, put it in a crock pot with enough frozen meatballs to fill the liquid. Then turn it on and let it do its thing for however long it takes to heat the meatballs. It can stay in the crock pot for a lot longer though. We used a larger crock pot with 3 jars of chili sauce and 1 1/2 jars (32 oz) of grape jelly with about 2/3 of a Costco bag of meatballs. Anyhow, it is so easy and so good, that everyone in my family brought it to potlucks this year.

we do the same meatballs!! it sounds like a really weird combo but it's so yummy! and the costco meatballs make it that much easier. these always seem to go first at the big parties.

Sweet and Sour meatballs
Simmer meatballs in a sauce of 12 oz jar of chili sauce and 2 cups or more of grape jelly

another funny/easy one... my little niece loves popcorn so her mom ususally makes some for parties and everyone grubs it. and it doesn't have to be served hot.

ellies mom
12-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Hey! That is my families "Official Potluck" food too! There have been a few years where everyone in my family have brought it to potlucks also. Fortunately we no longer all work together. It is so good. And thanks for reminding me, I need to pick up some meatballs for DH's Christmas party next week.

Anyhow, Costco also has those sliced turkey wrap things. They are really good. I ordered them for DDs first two parties. You can order them ahead or sometimes you can go in and find the platters all ready.