PDA

View Full Version : Paging Shelia (punkrockmama)

firstbaby
12-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Haven't seen you around in a while - hope all is okay :)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Aren't both her mom and MIL staying at her home? Sheila you haven't done anything rash have you?
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

mommyoftwo
12-01-2006, 10:37 PM
That would be enough to drive even a sane person to do something drastic. I hope things are going okay Sheila.

super_grape
12-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah...where'd ya go :) ?????

Hope all is well!

Holly

punkrockmama
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey girlies. I miss you guys! Thanks so much for the shout out, a buddy emailed me to let me know it was here (Hi!). Good news: I'm okay and so are my two kiddos. Bad news: Dh is sort of a trainwreck right now. My FIL died the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The man made it to 81 only to get hit by a car ( I guess it's hard to stop at a stop sign when you have so much booze in you that you're practically sweating Coors). He never really gave me much of a chance but he was a solid man that didn't deserve to go out like that.

I think you guys missunderstood my bitching post. We all live around each other. It was only one of the VERY rare occasions that my mom and my MIL were at my house at the same time. They don't mingle since my mom actually likes me and MIL tries to throw holy water on me.

It's been VERY hard to watch my husband go thru this loss. That's the worst part. I wish I could take that pain away, ya know. I've lost my dad so I know what it's like. My heart hurts soooo much for him right now. I'm seeing someone for PPD and we're still working on getting the right med/dose for me. So, there's a lot going on over here.

But, like I said, the cupcakes are doin' fine. Quite awesome actually. :)

Thanks again for the nod!

cmdunn1972
12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey, Sheila!

Glad to hear you survived your MIL over Thanksgiving. (You have a way with words! I was LOL at how you described her wanting to throw holy water. :P)

Sorry to hear about your FIL. You're right. No one deserves to check out like that. I know what you mean about supporting your DH during a loss like that since I had to do the same for my DH when his brother died last year. You sort of have to put off your own grieving in a way.

GL with the PPD issues!

mommyoftwo
12-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Sheila, I'm so sorry to about your FIL. I know it must be incredibly difficult to see the pain your husband is in and not be able to fix it. I wish I had some sage words of wisdom but the best I can offer is to just be there for your dh. I'll be praying for you guys.

I think it's great that you are being treated for ppd. I think taking that first step and asking for help is the hardest part. Once you get yours meds worked out, you'll feel like a new woman. It took me four different meds to find the right one and I recently added a second med. So don't give up if it takes a while to get things worked out.

Hug and kiss those babies for me! :)

jenjenfirenjen
12-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Sheila,

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your husband's loss. My FIL committed suicide 4 years ago so I know how hard it can be to lose someone unexpectedly and then to have to watch your DH go through so much pain that you can't take away. Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you all.

And good for you for seeking treatment for PPD. Hope you're feeling right as rain soon.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
So sorry to hear that news and the WORST time of the year to lose a parent. Hugs to you!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

scoop22
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
i am so sorry to hear about your FIL. what a terrible story. i am sure your entire family is going through a tough time. take care! i know many are thinking of you..

i totally noticed you weren't around.. i always like reading your posts.

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

crl
12-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh I'm so sorry about your FIL. Good luck with getting your meds sorted out.

elephantmeg
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
awww..hugs to you! Hope things get better soon.

karolyp
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss as well. Hugs mama during this difficult time.

super_grape
12-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL!

Otherwise, glad you all are doing well...you were missed :) !

firstbaby
12-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Oh, girlie. I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. DH lost his sister 5 years ago very unexpectedley (9/11) and he will still sometimes be moved to tears with just missing her.

I'm sending you a virtual fabulous Ina Garten meal - maybe her lobster pot pie with creme brulee for desert complete with Ina and Jeffrey for company :)

Glad to see your post, though. And glad you are working through the PPD with help.

saschalicks
12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Sheila,
I really hope this rough patch will be gone soon. I suffered from PPD, so I know how hard it is to deal with that. Kudos for taking the bull by the horns as they say.

I'm also really sorry to hear about FIL. Sometimes just holding DH's hand is all he needs, b/c as much as you'd like there's no way to take the pain away for him.

You're in my thoughts.

mamalou
12-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Shelia,

Just seeing this now, and haven't checked the Bitching Post in quite awhile.

I'm so sorry for all you're going through. Big hugs to you.

stefani
12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Hugs to you, Sheila. My condolences as well for the passing of your FIL.

Take care,