PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else break sweat changing crib sheets?

kayte
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I swear you need a warm up and cool down----Getting the mattress up is hard enough (plus navigating the crib toys) then stretching that darn sheet---You have to call in your old Twister moves to hold the three completed edges while using your left over limb and your teeth to do the final corner---and nine times out of ten one of the other sides comes undone and dance beings again....

Thank goodness for sheet savers so I only change the real sheet every 2 weeks....

I am going to go have a glass of gatorade to replenish my electrolites!!!!!

katerinasmom
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
When DD was still in her crib, I always used to tell my husband that I didn't need to work out today or the following day - I just changed DD's sheets so I was good for at least 2 days with all the calories I burned wrestling that sheet onto the mattress.

You are not alone! :)

karolyp
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
I've actually found it easier to just take the whole darn mattress out of the crib and then wrestling on the sheets that way lol!

And I'll also layer on the sheets so that way I only have to peel them off if an accident occurs and not deal with the whole wrestling thing (that is until I run out of sheets of course).

But it does suck indeed!

LarsMal
12-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh good! I thought I was the only one. I DREAD changing the crib sheet. I have actually popped the sliding rail OFF of the crib (more than once). Not only do I break a sweat, but I also end up cursing like a sailor, too!

Do those zip sheets work well? Is that what the sheet saver is? I need to try those if they work.

SnuggleBuggles
12-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Boy, oh boy, that sounds like a workout! Changing our crib sheet was super easy. We had a really light weight foam mattress and I would just pull that out. Our Pottery Barn sheets always went on super easily.

Always good to break a sweat though. :)

Beth

mommyoftwo
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!! I HATE changing crib sheets. I have that same problem with Amelia's trundle bed too, because it's in the corner of her room and in enclosed on three sides. Such a pain.

Jo..
12-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I love love love my Clouds and Stars Quick Zip sheets. Takes me maybe 10 seconds to unzip a top and zip on a new one. They are even starting to make twin sizes for hard-to-change bunks, trundles, and daybeds!

http://www.cloudsandstars.com/page/page/1958392.htm

rlu
12-04-2006, 04:22 PM
>I've actually found it easier to just take the whole darn
>mattress out of the crib and then wrestling on the sheets that
>way lol!
>
>And I'll also layer on the sheets so that way I only have to
>peel them off if an accident occurs and not deal with the
>whole wrestling thing (that is until I run out of sheets of
>course).
>
>But it does suck indeed!

I could have written this word for word. I balance the mattress over the crib rails and run from one side to the other several times to get the pockets on as I put three sheets on at a time. I strategically place lap pads between layers in hopes of catching accidents so they don't soak all three layers. DS got a good laugh watching me do this Sat.

Also found some of the sheets that are supposed to fit just don't and asked MIL to get me more of the ones that do (the Pooh bear ones from Target) for DS's last b-day.

KCR4
12-04-2006, 04:53 PM
I've always used the Ultimate Crib Sheet - going back to DS #1 who is now 5.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267582&cp

I buy them at Babies R Us but I assume they are other places too. They snap around the rails and are wet proof so what's underneath doesn't get soiled.

kayte
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
I use those too ---But mine were called Sheet savers.

Did you use them without a regular sheet underneath? That's what so hard to change.

KCR4
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I put a fitted sheet underneath the Ultimate - but just for decor on the side (side of the mattress) - that is the only place you can see the fitted sheet.

The Ultimate Crib Sheet covers the ENTIRE top of the mattress!

Sorry, does that help clarify?

mimieliza
12-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I hear you! The sheets I have fit on okay, but I do have to remove the entire mattress in order to change them. I also discovered I have to take off the whole bumper in order to get the mattress out because it fits so tightly in the crib.

hillview
12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Crib Sheet!
/hillary

scoop22
12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
i am checking into those crib sheets recommended. between when ds was wetting the bed every night and now his throwing up in bed. i am so tired of changing sheets. i take the whole mattress out now. i thought i was the only one who hated this..
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

dms619
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
You have to get the Quick Zip sheets (I think I got mine at Baby Universe) and get a couple of extra zipper tops. All you do is unzip and it comes off so easily - no sweating! Zip on a new one and your done.

Debbie

Corie
12-04-2006, 09:17 PM
I love the Ultimate Crib Sheet! Best invention ever!

mariza
12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I agree with PP, Quick ZIp crib sheets are the best! I've had the Ultimate Crib Sheet too, but since the crib is against the wall, I would still have to move the crib to snap the sheets on. Quick Zip takes all of 45 seconds. I got mine at www.babycenter.com but the manufacturer sells them directly at www.cloudsandstars.com too.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

ged
12-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Yup - same here. The clouds and stars zip sheets are awesome. I appreciate my clouds and stars all the more every time I go to my mom's house and have to deal with "regular" sheets.

jgriffin
12-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Same here...I didn't even realize anyone would ever have a problem. E's got a foam mattress and FleeceBaby sheets that fit really well, definitely not too tight. Sheet comes off, mattress comes up, new sheet slipped on, mattress goes back, takes all of a minute or two, no calories expended! :)

daniele_ut
12-05-2006, 10:01 AM
The foam mattress definitely makes it a lot easier. I untie the bumper, pull up the matress, pull off the sheet and replace it. we have PBK Chamois sheets and they are sized very well.