PDA

View Full Version : Thule cargo box on 2005 Subaru Outback

khalloc
12-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Does anyone have a Thule (or another brand) cargo box? I want to get on for my Outback wagon. Basically I would be storing gear in it for when we take trips. Maybe the occasional camping trip, but more likely for trips to visit family. I need to carry a stroller, clothes, etc...Right now we only have 1 child (1 year old DD) but I'll probably have another one soon and we barely have enough room in the Outback right now. Especially when we have to bring our dog(s) with us. Because they take up all of the space in the rear trunk area.

I have no idea what size I need. My DH doesnt want a big one. He thinks 12 cubic feet is plenty big. But I dont want to buy a small one and then have another baby and wish I had gotten something bigger. I am thinking 16 cubic feet. I guess I need to go look at them to see them in person. But I was hoping to hear from someone else.

Thanks!

hannah
12-04-2006, 10:19 PM
We have a Yakima rocketbox and a 2003 outback wagon. We used it on a cross country drive as well as on camping trips this summer. The only problem is it's a bit too long for the car so the tailgate hits it when it's open. It's nice and roomy though - definitely has lots of space for camping stuff. I think it's 16 cubic feet. The weight limit for having cargo on the roof is 100 lbs and I think the box weighs close to 30 lbs which only leaves 70 for cargo. Just something to think about. Let me know if you have any questions.

hannah
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
We have a Yakima rocketbox and a 2003 outback wagon. We used it on a cross country drive as well as on camping trips this summer. The only problem is it's a bit too long for the car so the tailgate hits it when it's open. It's nice and roomy though - definitely has lots of space for camping stuff. I think it's 16 cubic feet. The weight limit for having cargo on the roof is 100 lbs and I think the box weighs close to 30 lbs which only leaves 70 for cargo. Just something to think about. Let me know if you have any questions.