PDA

View Full Version : Le Creuset help

JBaxter
12-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Last night DH tried to do a nice thing. I have what is probably broncitis and am feeling pretty crappy. SO DH decideds to make me popcorn. I usually make our popcorn because I dont like the microwave kind and do the old fashioned pan & oil.
NOT KNOWING Dh as managed to make it through 39.9yrs of life with never acually popping any ( either microwave or jiffy pop ) I never thought to tell him NOT to use my nice Le Creuset pan. YUP he burned it. I didnt realize how bad until this morning when I found it soaking. I scrubbed it with baking soda and go most of the blackened stuff off but its pretty discolored on the bottom. Does anyone happen to know how to fix the bottom?

DH said ... Well as much as these things cost I thought they were accident proof. Then wanted to know if I couldnt just stick it in the oven w/ oil like I do the skillets. I guess its to much to assume an MBA could give you any kitchen IQ.

luvmypeanut
12-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I've always used the Le Creuset Cast Iron Cleaner and the pot looks as good as new. I don't know what yours looks like but I've used it after roasting meats and the bottom is all brown. Clean it as well as you can and then use the cleaner. I bought it at a kitchen store.

ilovetivo
12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Bar Keeper's Friend?

zen_bliss
12-17-2006, 05:33 AM
i had some burned discoloration and le creuset's instruction: get any dishwasher (yes, the stuff for the machine) detergent that uses enzymes. fill the pot with hot water and some of the detergent, let it soak for hours, then use a plastic scrubbie to take off any crust. it was magic. looked brand new.

zen_bliss
12-17-2006, 05:33 AM
i had some burned discoloration and le creuset's instruction: get any dishwasher (yes, the stuff for the machine) detergent that uses enzymes. fill the pot with hot water and some of the detergent, let it soak for hours, then use a plastic scrubbie to take off any crust. it was magic. looked brand new.

hardysmom
12-17-2006, 10:51 AM
we also use bar keepers friend on le creuset.

stephanie

DrSally
12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
That's what I use on my stainless steel pans