PDA

View Full Version : Help! Mommy tummy and muffin-top

mommy111
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought you ladies may be able to help me with this as usual :)
Have a huge holiday party, potential promotion interview next weekend. I have lost some weight recently and so assumed that a holiday dress that I had bought last year would fit me. Seems like I may have lost weight, but since I'm not working out, my tummy has a bulge at the bottom and my butt jiggles. Also, tried to wear one of those underwears that extends to your waist to control your stomach and butt, butt control is bautiful, but then the lower abs still bulge a bit and the top ones get a 'muffin' effect. I need to do something by Friday to get this situation under control. Apart from exercising every waking hour of the week (with DD!!!!), what can I do? Please help!!!!!

mommy111
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought you ladies may be able to help me with this as usual :)
Have a huge holiday party, potential promotion interview next weekend. I have lost some weight recently and so assumed that a holiday dress that I had bought last year would fit me. Seems like I may have lost weight, but since I'm not working out, my tummy has a bulge at the bottom and my butt jiggles. Also, tried to wear one of those underwears that extends to your waist to control your stomach and butt, butt control is bautiful, but then the lower abs still bulge a bit and the top ones get a 'muffin' effect. I need to do something by Friday to get this situation under control. Apart from exercising every waking hour of the week (with DD!!!!), what can I do? Please help!!!!!

SnuggleBuggles
12-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Try going up a size in underwear, pants or stocking. It could help. :) Try things on to find the cut that isn't too low so the muffin doesn't roll over the top.

With accessories, shoes and the proper neckline that should take the eyes off any problem areas. A wrap style dress or top can really camoflauge too. Stand up straight.

Lots of ab stuff...Russian twists, obliques, lower abs...check out a few pilates' classes. If you belong to a gym just use their babysitting or go in the evening when someone else can watch dd. If you don't belong to a gym take advantage of how most have a 1 week trial period. :) Or just do some DVDs.

It probably isn't anywhere near as noticeable as you think it is. :)

Beth

Elilly
12-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Spanx. Love them. I wear the ones that go up just under my bra and hold it all in. Supposedly Target has a cheaper version but I have not tried them.

shilo
12-10-2006, 05:01 PM
yep, spanx. sarah blakely (the creator) has a cheaper version available at target called assests, tho not sure if that line has the ones that go all the way up to your bra. there was a thread sometime in the last week where i think ilana aka 'aunt to sweet boy' posted about the spanx that go all the way to the bra along with a link to the spanx website.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

mommy111
12-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Ooh, that sounds like the perfect thing....are spanx available in stores as well? it may be too late if I get them shipped...
Beth, I definitely need the gym or pilates, I just realized that I had let that slip shamefully since DD was born and we moved, this actually motivated me to look into a gym today but all closed.
for the short term, though, if someone could let me know about the spanx, i'd be so grateful!

ETA: OK, found the old threat, looks like I'm headed to nordie's tomorrow!

Dyonia
12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Spanx will solve the problem -- you need their High Waisted Power Panties.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Spanx_Higher_Power_High_Waisted_Power_Panties_(03 2)-prod-14887341-21457684?sourceid=3

Have fun at the party -- I'm sure you'll look smashing!

mommy111
12-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Thank you all for the advice on the spanx, they worked out great for the party this weekend....even made me go down a dress size :) Can't wait for the other holiday parties ;)