PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT'S customer service -- funny story

himom
12-12-2006, 04:44 AM
We had a big Christmas banquet tonight, and the staff at the club was probably the worse I've ever seen. Usually with a sit-down buffet, you make your own plate but a server brings you coffee, tea, etc. Here it was all do it yourself. Fine, no problem.

The coffee was set up to the side in carafes. I picked up a cup with one hand, and poured with the other. The lid on the carafe flew off and the very hot coffee poured all over my hand. First degree burns with a few blisters. I headed straight for the bathroom to run cold water on it while one of my friends ran for ice. She came in 5 minutes later with a pitcher of iced water she had stolen off one of the buffet tables. Apparently she kept trying to flag down employees but they were ignoring her. When she finally caught one and tried to explain the problem and the need for ice the woman told her, "I can't help you. You need to find your own waitress."

When my friend finally showed up with her pilfered pitcher and told me the story I just had to laugh. It actually made me feel better (although not as good as the ice did).

So burn victims, remember -- if you need assistance, you may only get it from your own waitress!

I finally got to eat and all our used plates just sat and coagulated throughout the meal and the program to follow. The buzzing flies really added to the "Oh Holy Night" atmosphere. Our server -- if such a person existed -- never appeared at all.

I kept my hand iced for three hours and when I got home I covered it with aloe from my dad's front yard. I don't think there'll be permanent damage. However, I'm going to tell this story for a long time. And I'm never eating there again!

denna
12-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Wow Jodi, sounds like one heck of a night! At least you had a good sense of humor about it. Sorry the banquet sucked, definitely tell everyone about this(!) Especially the host of the party.

Hope your hand feels better.