PDA

View Full Version : Help with theme gift..cocktails

overcome
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
My dad's drink is Beefeater and Tonic with a lime. He NEVER has a good knife to cut the limes with so I decided to get him a good knife. Then I saw some Beefeater Olive juice for Dirty Martinis so I picked that up.

I want to get a few other items to go with the theme. Any ideas? My parents do a lot of entertaining, so I thought maybe some funky drink stirrers and personalized cocktail napkins. Opinions?

Any other suggestions to go with the cocktail theme? He receives several bottles of Beefeaters Gin from business associates, so I'm not going to bother with that. I thought I'd package it all up in a basket with some limes.

I'm not a drinker and we don't entertain much, so I feel like there must be something out there that I am not thinking of...

TIA!

Jenn98
12-12-2006, 11:06 AM
I owuld still get the Beefeater, even if he gets seveal bottles from other people, just to round out the gift basket. I'd also def include the limes. I think the napkins and drink stirrers are a good idea, too. How about a pair of nice glasses to put the drink into? Or maybe a nice dish/hand towel to wipe your hands after cutting the limes? Try Google for Beefeater, too, you might find some random, small trinket-y thing to toss in there for fun.

Jen841
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
What about....
Coasters
Nuts
Does he need some new glasses for his cocktails? Sterlingcutglass.com makes great monogrammed items
Finger food mixes (snack mix/chex mix) and a bowl...

Years ago we did a secret santa thing at work, and someone received martini parts each day, it was entertaining! Will be fun to see the items opened independently if you want.

DebbieJ
12-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Add a small cutting board to cut the limes.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

newmomto3kids
12-12-2006, 01:55 PM
My friend was given disposable coasters that were personalized with the name of her street ("The Tremont") to make it look like a bar or lounge name. They were very cool.
A nice CD to listen to might set the mood.
A book about the history of Beefeater or the like.

VClute
12-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm a gin and tonic girl, myself. Maybe you could put an airplane bottle or two of the BE, and then an airplane bottle or two of Bombay Sapphire. But watch out! He may never go back to BE!

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

overcome
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Oooooo...airplane bottles are a good idea. I could def. stick a couple of those in there....He literally gets about 6 regular bottles at Christmas. He ALWAYS has a stash. The airplane bottles would be great for when they go to a BYOB restaurant.

Thanks!

ETA I really appreciate all the suggestions! They got my creative juices flowing. I searched for Beefeater on EBay and WOW! Lots of stuff. I got a Beefeater Bar Towel and am watching a Beefeater Martini Shaker.

I feel MUCH better now..thanks again.

jamsmu
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Here's a great webpage with lots of ideas for cocktail accessories

http://www.beveragefactory.com/spirits/accessories/coasters.shtml

overcome
12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Thank you! No Beefeater products, but a ton of Guinness- which is my DH fave!! More ideas!!

o_mom
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
I got my BIL some "stemless" martini glasses one year. Basically like the top of the martini glass with a little bowl that you fill with ice and sit it in to chill. That way the ice doesn't melt in the martini but it stays cold. I think I got them from Lillian Vernon.